www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

Absolutely Freezing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Author    Thread
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Seeing CO2 powered Bots vent huge clouds of white mist is quite a common occurence on the American BattleBot Tapes, so the humidity must be quite high..

Either the location does it, or as I've heard from the competitors, the BattleBox becomes quite "The SweatBox" after a while basically being a sealed environment under the glare of the TV lights..

Maybe someone should do an analysis of the resulting fog and determine its chemical constituents and see if we're just talking about normal condensed atmospheric water vapour, or whether there is a higher than normal "organic matter" component from sweaty builders. (Oops, theres that Techie Shit-Speak Again Razz )

Post Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:52 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
original_carnage
Experienced Roboteer

Laughing I love when techies blow up over a new idea..... april 1 ... sooo much fun...

On the condensation from CO2 systems... back when I played competition paintball (skirmish - to most Aussies), we noticed 'white gas clouds' all the time - reguardless of the weather, temperature or humidity. There was more gas visible on humid days -of course....
I'd think the emissions were a result of the (lower temperature) pneumatic system comming into contact with the warmer air..

Before deciding on the spinner for Malice of Forethought, I was looking at pneumatics (launcher or clamper/control). The "gas smith" (paintball gun-smith) I was talking to was talking of a modified paintball gun to fire the weapon. Such a weapon would purge its gas shot (as visible as a paintball gun shot) at the end of each weapon firing cycle.... maybe this style of pneumatic system is commonly used in the USA ???

Post Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:28 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

yeah, the mist is caused by the air contacting the different temperature. Smile

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:10 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

the guy probably just vents the gas out of a really small exhaust port or something. i know techno destructo used to blanket itself in the exhaust gas

Post Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:45 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger