www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

Catalyst - Team Nightshade
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author    Thread
andrew

cobras not the only one with a descent wedge as u could notice when vids come out in my matches.

SOunds good there fella

WIth speed controllers one thing is to treat them a little more carefuly like very delicately as it was a little rough as the broken fan over it and dirt all around it and what not.

i would be encased in a foam part and definitely not that close to side walls of frame as it could get damaged and stuff
\

Post Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:51 pm 
ffej
Experienced Roboteer

The horror ! The horror ! murderous Dewalts, they were caught on clamp meter as they attempted to assasinate one of my 24V CP3600 packs. . . .

Just tested them on spinup . . . 196 fucking amps! Thats on 4A off the max this meter will read, and with about 4 meters of 8G wire in series . . . My poor poor 24V CP3600's . . . I have promised them that I will never subject them to that sort of torture again, much less the relays rated for a mere 40A . . . no wonder they stuck. Untill the battery voltage sagged (like 30 seconds!) , the current did not drop below 100A with two motors, and 90A with just the one.

Looks like I will be running the Dewalt(s) at 18V max, so that I can get some sort of battery / brush life. Oh well, more spare weight for armour, which I suppose is a good thing.

ffej.net

Post Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:58 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

I'm impresses the packs put out that much current, its way over their specs. I draw up to 110 amps for a few seconds and settle at around 60 amps when the weapon is spun up, so those dewalts are just crazy!

I get the impression you are running 4 or 5 to 1 reduction and 5K rpm at the weapon. Perhaps going to a higher reduction with 1 motor will save your pack and avoid the gyro-dance. Orbit was running at 3K or less and still nearly tipped over...

Post Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:32 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

makes you shudder at the thought that bonesaw had 6 of those things Smile

something doesnt sound right about that current but i guess its the facts, btw 196 amps = KEWL

Post Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ffej
Experienced Roboteer

Ill check it again, and take a pic of the meter if you want . . . it only spikes up there at motor stall when I first connect power, it drops back to about 90-100A after about 4 seconds. . . . its still enough to make my packs too hot to touch and heat up the 8G wire . . .

ffej.net

Post Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger