www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> General Chatter

Heh these little bots do a lot more damage than I thought :|

Author    Thread
bytraper

Heh these little bots do a lot more damage than I thought :|

Well... After seeing the damage to Glen's bots by jolt and others, I had to seriously rethink what I was going to build to handle the likes of the bots, lol must say I definately underestimated the amount of damage these small bots can do lol...

They are also a lot bigger than I originally imagined them to be, hahaha I was originally picturing small rc car sized bots Very Happy

Favourite Australian Bot at the moment is easily "Bob" Shocked , love it..Its got grunt and it can move Twisted Evil !!!

Favourite Australian battle is Bob Vs Jolt... Think jolt is very well engineered and equally well made Shocked , but has a lousy driver who tends to do more damage to himself than his opponents do Smile
Hope to see you all out there at the next meet !!!!!

Shane

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:25 am 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Please visit this thread
http://www.robowars.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=639

This post could have been put into the Marayong thread, instead of creating a new thread. Please try to use existing threads before making a new one, it keeps our forums uncluttered and gives the admin/moderators a bit less work Wink

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:44 am 
bytraper

Ummm hello? If thats not general chatter then I don't know what is

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:55 am 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

well.. the marayong thread would be more suited for this anyway. LOL and dont call nick a lousy driver lest he cause even more destuction to your bot! Razz
lol... just wait for the rumble video. Very Happy Shocked

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:21 am 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

Just because it seems that Bytraper seems to have only watched NSW videos doesn't mean this is a state dependent thread. If if he also mentioned Vertical Limits or Scoopy Doo then no one would have complained.

However it is not polite to put someone down by calling them a lousy driver or other such thing on a public forum. If you can see flaws in someones driving ability its best to keep it to yourself and use that knowlage you have learned from watching videos against them in a fight rather then putting them down on a forum before you have met them.

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:03 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Daniel, I wasn't concerned about the robots being mentioned. More of the case that our forums are being flooded with threads that have no real purpose and usually only last 5 posts or less..

It just creates more work for Brett/Mel/Andrew when they have to go through and clean up some of the clutter . I wasn't having a shot at bytraper, I was just advising that his/her post could have been situated in another existing thread ie: One of the Marayong threads or even Jolts build thread. I appologise if it seemed I was shouting you down, bytraper Embarassed

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:17 pm 
bytraper

Daniel Sheesh, dont get so defensive, I was only talking about the part where jolt goes into the wall and ko's himself Very Happy it was tongue in cheek it wasn't a dig at nick, man you have to stop taking things so seriously.

As i said Ive seen the damage that jolt can do and DOES, so Nick obviously doesn't miss his targets...so stop trying to make something out of nothing.

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:27 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

That's OK, I make up for the lousy driving by destroying everything in the arena - stay posted for some more videos in the Marayong XIV thread. Speaking of destroying bots, when will we be seeing Funtime Barbie? Smile

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:53 pm 
bytraper

Hahaha
Nick, you wont... im going to make sure something breaks down just before I have to fight you lol theres something about returning home from an event with bits of funtime barbie in a box that just doesnt appeal to me Razz

Sorry for the lousy driver comment, it wasn't meant to offend in any way/shape/form, it was just talking about that one part where you did the self KO Wink but i shoud have been clearer in the orig post Smile

Funtime barbie.. well I've got to get hold of a mig welder Very Happy I was originally going to use bots and rivets untill I saw what you did to Kang lol

Cheers mate!

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:00 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

You can use screws if you want; check out how the bots at www.teamcosmos.com and www.[url]teammadcow.com[/url] are constructed - they use screws and win plenty of events. I prefer welding myself, except it makes major repairs & upgrades difficult.

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:15 pm 
bytraper

Yeh i think I'd rather weld... for the structre anyway, I might be using nuts and bolts for some things though, but no where near as much as I initially planned... I have a feeling they'd get ripped out pretty easily..

Still I'll have my MIG by the end of the week, so Im not complaining I can start putting together all the pieces... and see it all come together.

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:05 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Still I'll have my MIG by the end of the week, so Im not complaining I can start putting together all the pieces

lol if youve recovered from the severe back injury you and i sustained trying to move that 40kg vice Confused damn that was a stupid idea lol

Post Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:40 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bytraper

Well... uhh I'm sure *did* suggest I should have gone and got the car while you waited there rather than walking the vice 5km to the car Embarassed

Post Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:03 am