www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> The Marketplace

solid rubber tyres for a scooter.

Author    Thread
John H

solid rubber tyres for a scooter.

I am looking for information on where I could obtain tyres that are solid rubber similar to what was used on scooters from yester-years.

I need tyre material that is 10mm dia and enough to re-tyre four wheels that are 8 inches in dia.

The original have that spring inside which is used to hold the tyre together once it is cut to fit the wheel.

The old Cyclops Scooters used to use this type of tyre before the inflatible type became the norm.

I would appreciate it if someone could help me in this matter.

Thanking you all,

John H.

Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:53 pm 
NMO
Experienced Roboteer

I don't know if tyhis helps but oatley electronics sells a pack that includes a wheel for a scooter, 100w scooter motor and belt drive, the wheel might be useful for your application

http://www.oatleyelectronics.com/motors.html

you could try SDC1, SDC2 or WHSPR. I hope this helps but I'm thinking you are talking about the non powered scooters.

Post Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:04 am 
John H

solid rubber tyers for scooter wheels.

Many thanks to those who have replied. Much appreciated.
The Oatley site is interesting but they would not have the type of rubber tyre material that I need. I need the old fashioned type of solid rubber tyre that was used on trikes, scooters and prams in days when you had to cut the tyre to length and it had a wire spring inside the rubber which was then threaded into the oppposite end to form a circle which was then rolled onto the wheel and fitted snuggly into the groove. Perhaps I may have to settle for a 120cm length of 10mm dia "O" rimg material. If I cut this into 20cm lengths I could then use super glue to join it and perhaps this will fit the bill. Any other ideas will be welcome.

Regards,

John H.

Post Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:29 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

What do you need it for? We may be able to offer up an alternative. Smile

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:42 pm 
John H

What do I need the solid rubber tyers for ?

I need the solid rubber tyers for a domestic Italian styled food trolley that I bought for my wife. I bought it at an antiques shop and thought I would be able to aquire the solid rubber tyers to replace the existing tyers that are cracked and breaking up in several places. This is prooving to be a problem. The wheels do not have to do any great stunts or travel over weather beaten tracks. I can only relate my past experience as a child with Cyclops Scooters in my youger days to the type of tyer that I need. The wheels on the trolley are narrow (10mm), made of brass which are spoked and have a diameter of 6.5 inches.

I appreciate your responding.

John H.

Post Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:25 pm