www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> The Marketplace

JR F500 Radio for sale

Author    Thread
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

JR F500 Radio for sale

Greetings All,

I have a 36mhz radio set that has become surplus to requirements if anyone is looking for one.

Its a JR F500 Computer Radio - 4 + 1 (5) Channels (two dual direction sticks, plus 1 switch channel) - Its a Programamble style radio, with menus for adjusting travel, end-points, ,reversing, trims, on board mixing (great for servo switched robots) and so on

Comes with an R600 6 channel receiver, 36.290mhz crystals, manual and a nicad pack for the transmitter. No box or original packing included.- If you want servo's with it, I can sell you one or two Hitech HS322HD's (new unused) for an extra $20 each.

It does not include a battery charger for the transmitter pack. sorry, but I only have 1 and I need it for my other radio. Its an optional extra when you buy JR radios, and when I bought the second radio, I thought why do I need 2 ? They are available seperately for about $20-$30 from hobby shops that stock JR Radios.

I put a spade connector on the receiver antenna wire, so it can be plugged in and out of an antenna base easily. - It all works as well as any of the 36Mhz FM radio's do Rolling Eyes I'm selling it because I had some occasional interference problems at the annihlator, so I've decided to upgrade Scoopy Doo to a 75Mhz PCM radio.

you can see pictures and more information about it here.
http://www.modelflight.com.au/rc_model_radio_control/jr_propo_f500_rc_control.htm

Best Bid over $150 (posted here) (not including servos) by this Friday 23rd gets it.
Packing and shipping extra (your choice of method)

Post Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:03 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
chris

brett, is the radio still available? because I am interested

Post Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:11 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Hi Chris,

check your private messages.

Post Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:57 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

Why where you getting interfearence at annihlator cant you solve the prob bye changing crystals Confused

I may be interested in buying it but i dont want to get ANY interfearence

Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:39 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Hi Tim,

well from our experience so far its seems that FM Radios on 36Mhz are far more subject to interference from our sort of electricals than most other radio's are. 75Mhz FM is better, 29mhz AM seems a bit better, 75mhz AM is even better again, and of course the best in reliability is supposedly PCM radio's, preferably 75mhz ones, since they need shorter antennas.

The problem is with the IBC's failsafe code, even a momentary glitch in the radio will shut down the bot for 1/3 of a second giving you the "jitter" effect..I am looking at rewriting the IBC (OSMC) code to make it less sensitive to noisy radio links, but that hasnt happened yet, so unless you want to use relay controls, I'd reccomend a 75mhz (or even better PCM) radio if you want to avoid any interference.

Scoopy performed very well with that 36mhz FM set for most of the competition, but developed some strange twitches in her last fight that I couldnt find a reason for, so I'm ditching it and going 75mhz, maybe even PCM. Its still a very good radio, but if you plan on using it with an IBC, I'd get a higher frequency one. For anyone planning on relay control, it would be perfect.

Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:19 pm