www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> General Chatter

Coolest robot in '05

Author    Thread
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Coolest robot in '05

What robot or robots did everyone like during this past year? Was there any particular fight or robot moment that was your favourite in 2005?

My favourite bot was Sproing. Sproing's innovative design and ability to own a fight, without destroying it's opponent, made Sproing the stand out bot of the year in my opinion.

Pracing Queen's arrival was a standout moment. It was hilarious to see a talking doll on top of a robot.

There are other robots that are just a tweek or two away from being a favourite. There is always next year.

Post Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:25 am 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

Cool. You took my idea. I wanted to add this to the ranking site to make the front page more interesting. Add photos of the state and the yearly national ranking and Robowars winners. I also wanted to add a coolest robot award because the award all the americans still want to win since Battlebots.

I'm going to keep score for a month and declare the winner at Robowars III. That'll make it more interesting. The winner gets on the front page of the ranking site for a year. Very Happy

Ok just like Philip tell us what you think is the coolest and second coolest robot. Anybody can vote. But not for a robot on your own team. And the robot has to have been in a fight.

Sproing - 2 points
Marauder - 2 points
Prancing Queen - 1 point
Andre the Rocket Snail - 1 point

Look I did a robot in another state (hinit, hint. Wink )

Post Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:10 am 
andrew

Id have to say marauder for sure, that robots rediculously awesome and when phil gets the small problems fixed itll be a top contender and ill be scared to ever face it.

As far as looks go id say new cobra even though its not done yet and kang caus they just look freaking cool.

Also sidewinder as it just looks funky as heck and so cool.

Post Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:00 am 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

lol wtf why cant we vote for our own robots? if you dont think your own are cool then why are you building them Razz

Post Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:10 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Big AL
Experienced Roboteer

well i think it to see what everyone thought and to stop people voteing 500 times on there robot.
bugger Very Happy
best quote ever:: "Those Gas-Turbine style warehouse heaters arent illegal, and neither is remote controlling one as far as I know."

Post Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:17 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

First Favourite: King Pinscher - The whole jaw setup is awesome and the drive compliments it.
Second Favourite: POD - It hasn't even been finished and this thing looks awesome! Keep up the good work George!

Post Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:10 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Mi choices would be Sidewinder and Pincer , both are cool looking robots with lots of hand made engenering

Post Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:50 pm 
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

Everything that George builds. Very Happy

He is a real inspiration and I am grateful to George for encouraging and pushing me to attempt our lightweight overhead thwack bot.

I know it bugs George when we say we don’t wont to fight his bots because we don’t wont to damage them and as his bots don’t inflict any damage he doesn’t get the sort of respect that some other bots get but it does not pay to underestimate Pincher with Georges driving. Cool

Post Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:40 am 
Knightrous
Site Admin

quote:
I know it bugs George when we say we don’t wont to fight his bots because we don’t wont to damage them and as his bots don’t inflict any damage he doesn’t get the sort of respect that some other bots get but it does not pay to underestimate Pincher with Georges driving.

Just watch the Annihilator DVD and you'll see how nasty Pinscher is! I remember when Pinscher ended up inside Ballistic and them the lifter became jammed and Pinscher tipped onto its side, everyone thought it was out, but George pulled an awesome self-righting manuver and shocked us all (And probably himself Very Happy )

I remember seeing King Pinscher before RoboWars 2 and I asked George if that was his new version of Pinscher, it was so tiny, I thought it was a featherweight!

Post Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:48 am 
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Originally posted by TDT:

I remember seeing King Pinscher before RoboWars 2 and I asked George if that was his new version of Pinscher, it was so tiny, I thought it was a featherweight!

He turns up with that bag of his; it looks so small I normally think he didn’t bring the robot, then the robot appears as if by magic. When you have to use those tiny astroflight connectors to fit things in, and that noodle wire so it can flex and fit, Rolling Eyes it’s that variety of individual style, materials ideas that I really love about this sport. Smile

It would be a dull world if we all built the same way.Smile

Post Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:15 pm 
Shaunington III

GO REBOOT!

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:07 pm 
Waddy the phoenix

GO NIKE>GOV ... oh wait no thats gonna either be coolest bot of 2006 or 07... wait given too much away :S

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:05 pm 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

Too late. Pinscher won. You'll have to wait till the end of the year to vote again. With a bit of luck we'll get some more people voting too.

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:49 am 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

It's a little hard to vote on all the bots, but i reacon stick to people saying their personal favourite.

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:26 am