www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

KO, Simplicity - team KO - VIC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Author    Thread
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Hi Tim.

make sure you put a filter on the fan inlet, so it doesnt suck up all the metal crud and blow it all over the IBC. Guaranteed boom if that happens.

I have heard an easy way to rig a filter is to stretch a piece of pantyhose/stockings over the fan. a Fine flexible mesh that still allows airflow.

Post Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:29 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Timothy Forde
Experienced Roboteer

Don't worry the heat sink under the fan sits on top of the ibc heat sink and tap makes sure there is no air gap so nothing can get in

Post Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:14 pm 
Timothy Forde
Experienced Roboteer

Well I just did the 2pm thing tonight so that way I don't have to do it tomrow night Very Happy

The bots fully put togeather and the batterys are on a slow charge over night
Cya all for tomrows testing and hopefully finding out faults(that way I do this again tomrow night)

Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:42 am 
Timothy Forde
Experienced Roboteer

Well was a fun event so i'll some it up for you lot

(Friday 13) TEST DAY

Errr whats there to say

First test a motor exsplodes due to speed and burns out but I notice and save the ibc

Second test I got the radio to only run at 70% power
Inside a motor it somehow creates a closed circert when it fuses....
4.8ammp 24v nicad puting all the energy it has into the ibc NOT GOOD
Well that was it for the day

NIGHT BEFORE

Rewired the batterys so I have one 4.8ammp 12v pack as I have given up on 24v
Also replaced the burnt motors and improved the mounting a little
2:30 am I get to bed

DAY ONE

THE MORNING
Jasion the legend manged to fix the ibc though as I was going to find out during testing 5 min before the first fight it had no left or reverse.... should be interesting

KO V Sidewinder
Well I was real lucky that the wide circle ramming is my normal style so I covered up the lack of control really well
Got a lot of good pushing in though lack of speed was a pain
Was a relif when I manged to get a wheel guard off geting me the damage points though no way I was going to win Style It was cool
Any way manged to stay agresive and in control most of the fight
KO WIN

KO V Sproing
Well this was painful and I think the worst draw for me possible lol
My lack of speed ment unlike Plan G I had no way to atack anything but the frount and when I did with no reverse I just had to sit there while it clamped me and did what ever it wanted
Still I think it would have looked good
Best part is when it dumped me on a bit of foam it took in with it lol I think I worked out how it would fit into the rules
It's a passive cluster so after 30seconds a seperation is needed Very Happy
But that fight was over before it started so Really he didn't need to use the secret wepion anyway and I had no problem with it was a great idea and I'm sure it could be used again though I'm planing for better clearence now lol
Sproing Win

KO V #5
Well that was a lucky draw as I could use my wedge and pushing power to stop it's atacks unlike a active wepion
Was worred about some high speed ramming geting large agression points and style but I manged to keep the presser on it and come out ok
KO WIN

KO V TNP
Well again a lucky draw due to there wepion not working and my wedge being lower and sharper
Started out well though when it got under me gave me some scares of a comeback dam scotter motors
After so many seperations it's not funny the fight finshed a a real shove matach
KO WIN

KO V Stealth
Well as much as I like ko and tons of free steel I was about to go very bad for me
You see steel when heated and left to cool slowly gose soft and due to this being a crapy steel hardning anit going to happen
Simply with no revere or left and small amounts of speed my best chance was to ram right at them hopeing my wedge that I had shapened would work and try to get behind a wing and stay there the fight pushing it around
Well first hit the wedge was bent the same place it had been bent 2 time before so I was not supprised and it jamed the wedge
First flip I say to myself it's ok but you need to keep atacking and due to me being fliped I could only with the flat frount so no more wedge but I go for it
Again fliped but that damged wedge is stuck and I can't move dam it lol at least ko worked both ways for 5 seconds! lol
I don't blame them for not fliping me back if I had goten behind them it would have been just andrews kid and just never let go the hole fight
Stealth WIN

oh and the middle wight well someone in my team kind of had there wepion on so that mach was over
Didn't mind I forgot to connect 2 motors due to the rush lol was not testing as it was only a bit of fun

I proved KO can push though and play with the middle wights when during a muck around, I pushed around and took hits from that large 4wd 300watt scotter motor might wight rammer(sorry can't remember name!) those blue wheels have grip I will give them that

Oh and in the race I started faceing ready to just ram into the pack lol man that was fun and I could go under the barriers bettween the 2 sides Razz

Any way condidering KO was running at half voltage and most of the side only could be forwad or right it was a pretty good event, oh and KO was just under 12kg lol

As for the next bot there are 2 possibiltys at the moment

A more powerful KO with glens nice dewalt motors and sidewinder controlers so no more blowing up controlers and maybe a lifting spike( Panic atack style)
Also looking into interchangle wepions and armor, what are the rules on that?

The other idea which really sounds great fun is a clustor
Around a 8kg KO with interchangble armor to help save wight and maybe a lifting arm for fight where armor is not needed
Then the rest is put into a Arena hazzard lol if they won't give me one i'll make it
Drill powered spinner(Cluch on and 10-20 second spin up)
No drive just a motor, battery, controls and bace
Ko ramming people into it should be good and i'm sure I can keep people busy so it gets to speed

Working out if this is a effictive idea as there are many problems to face but I slowly finding solutions
Examples of problems
*How to stop them useing it on KO as that would look very bad
*Make both effective in the weight
*Make it effective fight all oppenets but again comes back to the interchange things as different area hazzards could be used for different opponets
There are tons more but i'm working them out
One advatage is no need for dewalts or new controler lol
Any way that about it for now Very Happy

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:46 pm 
Timothy Forde
Experienced Roboteer

Hmmm well it looks like I might be comeing down to just a money issue
The clustor is cheap due to no exspensize motors or controler so it's starting to win
The other ko would just kick but though lol but might not have time to save $800-1000 and air fair and accomadaion and what ever else there is
Any way would be nice to make something original lol

Post Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:08 pm 
Timothy Forde
Experienced Roboteer

Welllllllll I have finny got off my but and to work
For those who ignor the rest of the fourm and just read this and i'm sure theres a lot of you i'll fill you in on what is happening

I'm useing 18v motors that do 1200 on 24(a bit faster) and should hold togeather better than 12v on 24v
It's nice I can just use the same wireing as before just move it over lol

I'm adding a drill powered lifter by makeing the bot a bit wider

I'm also makeing the armor interchanble
I have 2 lots of box section that just fit in eachother makeing for easy but solid mounting

Any way geting started on the 1mm steel bace supported by an outside frame

Wish me luck lol

Post Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:01 pm