www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> General Chatter

Short introduction of a Dutch roboteer.

Author    Thread
leo-rcc

Short introduction of a Dutch roboteer.

Hello all,

My name is Leo van Miert. I am a roboteer from the Netherlands (aka Holland, although technically incorrect). I have been active in robot combat since mid 2000, where I competed for the Dutch robotwars which was taped at the same time as the UK series 5.

I currently have 3 Heavyweight robots.

- Hannibal, a FP flipper co2, 2x Litton motor @ 36V. Ram is custom made by Maddox, who also built the ram for Merauder.
- RCC2, still under rebuild, horizontal crusher. Just needs some electrical wiring and its good to go.
- Drone, a sparring partner robot, no weapon, just thick armour and 2 wheels.

I also have a featherweight (12kg FRA rules), Hannibalito. Also a FP flipper, also a Maddox ram, but way less powerfull as Merauders. Drive is 2x Graupner speed 900 @ 19.2V.

Finally I also have an FRA rules antweight 150gram, named Katjuscha. It is a vertical spinner.

Right now I am also in the proces of designing a Raptor for the german competition, and a new Heavy, Which will see the return of Splinter to the robotwars scene (I bought the original splinter in 2003, and had it destroyed by Kan-opener and TerrorHz in 2004). Mario (Maddox) and I have been planning and desigining the new one for close to a year now.

Ok, I know it is not the short short announcement but at lest you now know a little about that Dutch guy on your forum. Smile

Post Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:08 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Welcome to the RoboWars Forums Leo Very Happy

I've seen a few of your bots in videos and was quite impressed. Also followed a lot of your posts in the FRA forums too Smile

Hope you have as much fun as we do on these forums!

Post Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:38 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Hi, Leo. It is great to have experienced roboteers from all around the world read and post on this forum. It is a treat to have you here. A dutch treat even.

For those who don't frequent the FRA forum, Mario is AKA Maddox.

Post Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:53 pm