assassin

This may help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ePeoamzuy0

Post Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:36 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Proposed Judges for the Event are

1. Tim Forde - K.O.

2. Ajax

3. Mark Naumann - SideTracked - possibly filled in for by Marc DeCarlo (Cameraman) on Sunday if MarkN has to leave.

Does anyone have a problem with any of them ? Any other suggestions for people who fit the bill ?

All are technically Skilled, Experienced, hopefully unbiased.

and just to clarify a point that has been a little bit of a bone of contention in the past.
a "Tap Out" is equal to a Surrender and Loss. .

In fact, I think that this event will require the competitor to state "I surrender !" instead of using the words "Tap-Out", since in the past some people dont seem to feel that throwing in the towel before the three minutes are up is the same as losing the match. This should correct that misunderstanding.

Any other controversial judging issues to tackle so we can get everyone all nice and fired up before the event ? Wink

Post Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Originally posted by TDT:
Ajax ?

Ajax is teck inspector. A job where a neutral person is desirable.

But yes I think he would make an excellent judge.

One of the problems I have with your Qld Vic NSW judge idea is it takes it as proven that we are bias to our state and the Judges will feel obligated to vote for there states bot because the other judges might etc. Confused

Much better if the EO tries really hard to have really impartial judges because if a comp gets a reputation for suspect judging people wont travel to compete.

There is not a lot I can do about the Marauder Bane decision Philip you have made me feel really rotten in fact after driving home pretty much non stop and finding your posts where you weren’t happy was hard to take.

I wasn’t the judge and I didn’t say anything to the judges.

I had never met Tim’s Dad before and I have never even had a conversation with Brett’s Mate with the camera.

Danny I know reasonably well and he voted for you!

I really think to claim it was some Victorian plot is stupid.

Now I know all the Qld mob think I robed you and all the NSW mob think I fluked a win against Jolt.

Post Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:27 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

I don't think anyone is blaming you Gary. I also don't think that there was any pro-Victorian bias in the judging. I just think that the judges didn't know that a thwak-bot spinning on the spot while it's opponent charges in doesn't mean that the thwak-bot is making an aggressive move. I was also surprised to see certain judges copying their marks of each others sheets when they couldn't decide for themselves (I can't confirm this).
I reckon that there will always be people complaining about judges decisions and I try to keep out of it myself. That is why I went and sat in the crowd at the Ideas Festival when the decision was being made for the Hellbringer vs Retread match.

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:41 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Originally posted by Rotwang:
[I really think to claim it was some Victorian plot is stupid.
Please tell me where I said anything about a Victorian plot. I never said or thought anything against you, Gary. I have never said that there was a plot or anything similar. I would only point out that IMO the aggression ruling was inconsistent with the guidelines.

In fact, I have asked that we have secret ballots by builders to decide matches. This would probably mean that in all cases QLDers would be out-numbered by NSWs and VICs. I have previously stated in another thread that I would trust my fellow roboteers to vote honestly and according to the guidelines.

IMO the issue is the understanding of the guidelines. =

Post Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:52 pm 
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

OK Philip you aren’t claming Vic bias but in the same breath you wont secret ballots and are wondering about the numbers, just like Aaron wasn’t suggesting any bios existed but wonted a judge from each state. Right on guys. Very Happy

Post Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:10 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

I am stating that I would trust NSW and VIC roboteers to be fair. This is just to clarify if the above is unclear.

Post Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:32 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

It's alright guys, we're all totaly edgy because the whole event is only in a couple of days. Chill out, pack your gear and i'll try to meet all of you on the friday. Smile

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:45 pm 
DumHed
Experienced Roboteer

I reckon scrap the 3 minute lime limit, and all matches go until one bot is dead, whether it's due to damage or batteries. No judging Razz

Post Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
all the NSW mob think I fluked a win against Jolt

Laughing Hardly! I snatched a glorious defeat from the jaws of victory - all my own fault Laughing. Just remember that Jolt hasn't flipped over for three events now...

Post Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:50 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Originally posted by Nick:

Laughing Hardly! I snatched a glorious defeat from the jaws of victory - all my own fault Laughing. Just remember that Jolt hasn't flipped over for three events now...

I "almost" got you when you tore off the ali top of roadkill. Laughing I think you've been versing bots with such tough armour that the blade hasn't been stuck in anything recently! Laughing

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:55 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
A Combatant who attacks a full-body spinner (e.g. intentionally drives
within the perimeter of the spinning weapon) is automatically considered
the aggressor and awarded a 3-2 score in the case where both robots
consistently attack, or both robots consistently avoid each other.

This special clause about aggression seems skewed in favour anything NOT a FBS. I hope this rule will not accidentally get applied to other types of spinners. Since we don't have any FBS in the event, we could just strike that section out to avoid confusion.

Post Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:02 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

I think the idea here is that any robot that is impossible to attack without getting hit by its weapon does not deserve the aggression points when the contact is initiated by the other robot.

If you build a bar spinner where the bar protrudes out over all sides of the robot and just "sit'n'spin" in the middle of the arena, you are not being agressive.. damaging maybe, but not agressive

Post Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

I think its pretty fair.
Provided you bot chases the other one all the time (or at least some of the time) then it doesn't apply. Even if it does, odds are the other one will be toast anyway so... ;->

Post Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:57 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number