www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Technical Chat

AUXILLARY HELP - NOOB
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author    Thread
andrew12

The wires are fine i have just checked them...yes we have a multimeter and our school is in Canada..after going over everything again i believe there is a problem with the chip.

The diodes are the right way(lines toward the 12v power)...u say that shorting through the auxillary can cause all sorts of problems what might be some of those problems?

Thanks for all this help,

Andrew

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:12 pm 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

if you connect your multimeter to battery ground and pin 2 of the 75477 chip you should be able to see it going from 0-5 volts as you adjust the aux servo channel. If that line is going up and down then take a look at pin 3 when the signal is at mid range it should read 12V when you activate it the voltage should go to 0.

Be *VERY* careful not to bridge those 2 pins or you will probably fry the controller completely (well the brain anyway).

Check your transmitter and receiver by plugging a normal servo into the same channel as the aux input on the ibc. IM me if you want to talk more. (i'll be back in about 30 minutes)

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number