www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> General Chatter

RoboGames Prizes…

Author    Thread
Wazio88

RoboGames Prizes…

Going to go to RoboGames 08? Want to have some cool prizes? Then help me out! I told Dave that I wanted prizes at this event so I am going to take the helm of this project. It will be nice to have a prize waiting for me at the end of the event when I kick all your asses Wink. SO; do you know somebody that would be willing to donate something to the prize pool? Do you know somebody who might know this guy who might be able to give us something? Do you think that you used to know this guy that works at a place who knows this one guy who is married to that one girl who might be able to get us a sweet prize? If so… LET ME KNOW! I have a vast list of people to mail asking for stuff but there is always room for more! Don’t know anybody but want to put 20 dollars into the pool for a said class? Sure, that will work too.

I’m not going to say that we will give out motorcycles, money, welders, gold, a fabulous hotel room in LasVegas (unless you want to crash at my place ‘not so fabulous’) and a NEW CAR!!!! But I know I can get enough stuff to give the winners some compensation. Or perhaps the ‘Best Of’ awards will come back. Best loss, Best Bot, Best engineered, most destructive ECT. I have a good bit of time to begin gathering prizes so help me out.

And yes… It is a slow day at work so I am catching up on my ‘to do’ list.

Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:34 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

That sounds like an excellent idea! How about a 'sample pack' of Titanium? If I get off my lazy butt to come over for RG08, I could contribute to that and Ti is always useful. I like the 'Best of' awards; Some cash for major winners is good and smaller awards for special achievements helps to send a lot more people home feeling happy.

Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:44 pm