Team: Outerlimits
Freq: 75Mhz
Class: Exhibition

Cheers

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:50 pm 
seanet1310

Thanks nmo

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Damien (not Damian)

I'm coming with Sting, but I'm only allowed to go on the first day, unfortunately. Sad This adds one thing to my New-Year's resolution: Punch at least ONE hole in another robot. Smile
Oh, and do I need to be accompanied by a parent into the pits if I'm under 18 (which I am)?

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:33 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Sidetracked would probably prefer that you did have an adult guardian in attendance at all times.

As a minimum you will probably need a written "permission from legal guardian to enter a potentially hazardous workshop space and operate dangerous machinery" type form to give to sidetracked.

Best to check with them though. Call Mark Nauman at Sidetracked on 9562-7607 and ask him.

Post Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sid

i hope i am not too late.
this bot may not (probally not) be ready in time but if it is it is here (is that ok)

Name: Pick of destiny
Team: Braindead
Frequency: 36.370 mhz
State: Vic
Class: Feather

Edit, all fixed up

Last edited by Sid on Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:09 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Sid:
Name: Pick of destiny
Frequency: 37 (or is it 36?) mhz

an accurate frequency is needed before your entry can be accepted.
(you too danny. the band is not enough)

36/37/75 mhz etc covers an entire band, not a channel.. we cannot allow a transmitter without a clearly defined channel to operate or it might clash with someone else.

Please look at the crystals on your radio, they should have a channel on there.

Last edited by Spockie-Tech on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Just a quick call to anyone who has any recent nice Photos of their competing combat robot that they would like to be considered for inclusion on this years RoboWars Flyer.

Unfortunately, It will have to be pretty quickly. (I have been dealing with an unusually heavy christmas workload and some health issues at the moment, so am a bit further behind in organising than I usually am).

The plan is to get the flyers to print next week, so photos straight away if you have any please guys. They flyer is about half done, so I hope to wrap it up on friday.

Hi Res beauty-shots if possible - Not phone-cam res pics with of your robot in pieces with your drill lying inside it please. email to brett <at> robowars.org please

Sorry for the short notice guys

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:51 pm 
Sid

sorry i didnt have the radio

check above its all fixed

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:49 pm 
Travis

Travis the Crazy Fan here.

I gave a CD of photos of the 07 event to Mark from SideTracked, among other people. I think I gave one to you too, Brett, but I'm not sure. you can use them on the flyer if you'd like.

I'll be there this year, along with my younger brother (possibly), who will have his handycam with him (if he's not there, I'll bring his camera). I'll probably be doing as I was doing at the RoboWars Vic Metro event in 2007 - floating up and down the pits, interviewing builders briefly as they get ready for the next match / mourn the loss of their now splintered robot. That, and hanging with the fans.

So, I'll see y'all there.

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:33 pm 
Sid

just a quick question,
can i change Pick of Destiny to White lightning??
same radio, just a differnt bot, or will i have to unregister with PoD, then re-register with White lightning and pay the double entry fee?? (what is the normal entry fee?)

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:06 pm 
Sidetracked

Hi all.

Everything appears to be going fine on our end. The Arena is up and available for test drives if wanted (strictly no weapons allowed to be operational until competition and please let me know first by phone on 9562 7607 or email goodtime@sidetracked.com.au)

We will have a Plasma screen showing footage of previous events in-between battles mounted above the arena.

The floor is new and painted - and we now have 2 different coloured start areas (so we have a green or red side).

Unfortunately I will have to ask that only Featherweights be allowed in the arena - as the larger robots do too much structural damage to the arena. We have re-inforced the walls at the bottom with 6mm steel welded to the bottom - so that should solve the 'bowing' issues we have had in the past.

I am negotiating sponsorship with Coca-Cola, Village Roadshow, and Jaycar - will let you know more about this ASAP. Hope to see all of you in 2 weeks.

Cheers

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:00 pm 
Travis

Have I ever mentioned how much I love Coca-Cola? And Village Roadshow? And Jaycar?

Love the idea of the plasma screen above the arena - should keep things exciting when there's no battle on. Will the plasma screen be hooked up so that during the fights it can take the feed from the camera?

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:18 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

quote:
Hope to see all of you in 2 weeks.

Reading that gives me that horrible feeling that I'm running out of time Razz

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:42 pm 
Travis

Hey, sorry about the flood of posts, but is there going to be a rundown available for the public (like a program) of which robots will be taking on which other robots, so they can see coming up, 'oh, BotA vs BotB' or 'Winner of Heat 1 vs. Winner of Heat 2', etc?

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:55 pm 
Sidetracked

Ok - hope this answers a few questions.

The Plasma could run live from the cam - as long as someone figures out how to wire it etc.

There wont be a run-sheet for the public - as we wont know the matches until Saturday.

Which leads me to another thing - ALL competitors MUST be at Sidetracked at 9.30am Saturday for 10.00 registration and Competition Draw. Competition WILL START 11.00am SHARP.

If you wish to bring gear in on Friday night - this is OK (we are open till 11.00pm on Friday night)

Thanks - Mark

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:31 pm