www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

The Unconventional Karts

Author    Thread
andrew

The Unconventional Karts

Hello all,
i Have quite recently been interestied in building some sort of electric vehicle and just then i recieved the 4 motors, sprockets and chains, controllers, throttles and crap from oatley and am quite impressed. for round 66 bucks u get a powerful drive train and motor which is quite alright.

Anyway's from here i am throwing up some idea's:

1) keep this bicycle i currently scrounged and add some wheelbarrow wheels if they fit and do it up till its cool. (will only do this if the wheelbarrow wheels fit it though)

2) Build a electric go kart using the gear and using the bikes turning material as the kart's steering assembly.

3) Build a electric trike with 3 wheels at back and 1 at front.

Either way i will try hard to keep these as small as possible and as cool as possible.

Post Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:41 am 
andrew

Well i butchered the bmx bike i have down to the bare frame and reflectors. Now i also have various bearing assembly's and some sprockets one of which is teh same size as the one on my golf buggy motor so when i but the same sprocket but newer and a new chain i can also get started on my new one also.

Will go to bunnings soon and measure up these 20$ wheelbarrow wheels and see if they will fit and/or if theres much modifications needed.

If i can use the bike frame as is it would be good because i placed teh motor/cprocket/chain (oatley motors/chain etc) and it would be soo easy to mount and fits snugly in behind the wheel.

The main problem for this project and the next 2 is batts. i wantr to get 18 amp/hour batts from jaycar but there bout 45 $ each which all up is close to 100 bucks for batts alone. I guess i can reuse them in my year 12 project but still.

WIll also try for mounting batts to make a ocntainer that looks like a modified abstract looking bike Gas tank.

Post Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:02 pm 
andrew

Well i butchered the bmx bike i have down to the bare frame and reflectors. Now i also have various bearing assembly's and some sprockets one of which is teh same size as the one on my golf buggy motor so when i but the same sprocket but newer and a new chain i can also get started on my new one also.

Will go to bunnings soon and measure up these 20$ wheelbarrow wheels and see if they will fit and/or if theres much modifications needed.

If i can use the bike frame as is it would be good because i placed teh motor/cprocket/chain (oatley motors/chain etc) and it would be soo easy to mount and fits snugly in behind the wheel.

The main problem for this project and the next 2 is batts. i wantr to get 18 amp/hour batts from jaycar but there bout 45 $ each which all up is close to 100 bucks for batts alone. I guess i can reuse them in my year 12 project but still.

WIll also try for mounting batts to make a ocntainer that looks like a modified abstract looking bike Gas tank.

Post Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:04 pm