www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> The Marketplace

any interest in a C40-300 Magmotor?

Author    Thread
voicecoils

any interest in a C40-300 Magmotor?

Hi All,

I have a Magmotor (model: C40-300) which I had planned to use for an EV project that hasn't gotten off the ground. Previous owner used it in a fast stand up electric scooter. It is a very popular battlebot motor which is why I thought I'd ask if someone here is interested in it.

Details here:
http://www.robotcombat.com/products/MAG-C40-300.html

I'm open to offers over $350

It will come with a couple of #35 sprockets 13T and a few larger and has a basic removable "L" mounting bracket to be included.

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:58 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

That is WAY too much for a 3rd-hand motor; with the current exchange rate, a brand new motor is around $335 AUD plus postage. If it is in good condition, I would think about $250 is a reasonable offer.

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:24 pm 
voicecoils

quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
That is WAY too much for a 3rd-hand motor; with the current exchange rate, a brand new motor is around $335 AUD plus postage. If it is in good condition, I would think about $250 is a reasonable offer.

I'm aware of the current exchange rate. My understanding is that shipping from the states will be ~ $70USD by USPS (much more by DHL, UPS, FedEx, etc), in other words $410AUD at current rates. That does not include insurance, which is an additional cost and often a hassle posting between countries if something gets lost or damaged.

Regarding it being used, brushes are about the only think I can think of being a serious wearing part/issue. They're around $16 a sent I believe. A 3rd hand battery pack would be seriously depreciated but I can't see why the same should hold true for a well made motor.

I'm not in any hurry to sell, but of someone can make better use of if then me now, it is available and local.

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:56 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

lol i got my etek for $350 - PASS

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
voicecoils

quote:
Originally posted by Glen:
lol i got my etek for $350 - PASS

If you have an original etek then you got a GREAT deal. They're no longer made (there are now brushed and brushless drop-in replacements from MARS) and highly sought after. If you can find new ones for sale, they fetch a serious premium. example: http://www.greenspeed.us/electric_scooter_e-tek_motor.htm

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:23 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

yeah i have the mars version which is just as good Exclamation wish they had the -R and -RT versions when i picked my brushless up Sad

but none the less its $350 worth of pure fun Laughing

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
voicecoils

quote:
Originally posted by Glen:
yeah i have the mars version which is just as good Exclamation wish they had the -R and -RT versions when i picked my brushless up Sad

but none the less its $350 worth of pure fun Laughing

Nice looking pocket bike. I can see that sevcon millipak peaking out. Did you get an equally good deal on it?

The millipak has a max 1 min current rating of 300A @ 48V = 14.4kW but I've heard the controller struggles to provide over 200A (9.6kW). Perhaps you've had a different experience.

The original brushed etek can be matted with an Altrax AXE with a max 2 min current rating of 450A @ 72V = 32.4kW.

The etek r and rt look pretty good but compared to the original are 4.17 kg and 7.8kg heaver respectively.

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:32 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

im only running it at 24v but the calibrator shows it doesnt get to that amount of amperage for more than 2 seconds after startup. accelleration is a bit slow but thats because its running 1:1 gearing with 24v.

when i get some more money ill turf 36v and some more gearing in it. and when i have a bit more luck on the $$$ front ill change to the kelly controller and run it up at like 50v

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:26 pm 
Windhammer

Ill give you $100 for it?

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:17 pm