www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> General Chatter

The robowars.org home page

Author    Thread
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

The robowars.org home page

I don't want to insult Brett or anything, he's done a wonderful job with the home page, but just wondering... isn't it time it got updated a bit, perhaps? Laughing I'm more referring to relevant information, instead of ancient builds from Gary. For a start, the upcoming QLD event should certainly be on the front page, people who arrive there from Google are not going to see it hidden away on the forum.

Smile Discuss

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Sat May 15, 2010 6:34 pm 
seanet1310

while it is getting an update remove the bit on the store re
"RoboWars is also working on producing 200 Amp and 400 Amp controllers for the bigger bots. These should be available later this year. See the controller-guides page for more information."

It has been one hell of a later this year. and initaly put me off buying an ibc for over 2 months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp8hvyjZWHs

Post Sat May 15, 2010 6:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bytraper

I think rather than Brett updating the pages, it should probably be done by the members themselves. The only thing really active here is the forum, but the robowars.org site is the first thing that comes up. But virtually everything there makes the site look like a ghost town rather than a active community.

just my 2 cents

Post Sat May 15, 2010 6:41 pm 
seanet1310

ATM as far as i am aware brett is the only one however that can edit it. and if anyone else could i would bet they are the forum mods They are totally recycled and mel. Mel as far as i know is completely gone. Andrew (Totally recycled )still has bots and does a few posts now and again but not much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp8hvyjZWHs

Post Sat May 15, 2010 6:45 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fish_in_a_Barrel

perhaps a forum thread and restricted wiki page, where we could suggest and make changes as we see fit via consensus or other, then email/upload the page somewhere for brett to document the changes and upload the new front page(s)

Post Sat May 15, 2010 7:18 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

If any of you have put together a website by hand, you will know how much work it is - which is why it hasnt had much in the way of updates recently.

The main RoboWars site is currently done in HTML wiith Dreamweaver (although theres no reason you couldnt use any HTML editor).

If anyone is capable of doing a reasonable job of editing the pages, and wants to update anything with improvements/changes, feel free to discuss,edit and upload modified pages.. if they look good I'll happily replace any old with new..

Enabling Editing by multiple people without a lot of messing around changing the site over to a CMS-powered system would be tricky. It could be done if theres enough Interest, but several people have made a go at user-content powered sites so far (Jake, Jeff etc) and they've all been pretty quiet,

So I presume theres not many actual content *creators* out there, mainly those who want to *see* new content without having to make it themselves.. Wink

Show me otherwise and I'll consider making it possible for the main site to be more easily editable - I cuold probably split the site into sections, with seperate FTP accounts for the various sections for example.

Post Sun May 16, 2010 9:24 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger