Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author    Thread
rjw

quote:
Originally posted by Jaemus:
Very nice. Post some videos if you can Smile

What help do you need?

Just critique, tear the design apart, whatever.....make some recommendations

If I want to supply parts for the wege (first) and then the spinner, what should I use in order to keep costs down?

At the moment I amusing the ebay 1000 rpm gearboxes, I ordered some Botbitz escs, HK weapon motor and esc (plush 30)

I plan on using HK batteries, Orange receivers, etc. I would like to includ a DX6E, in that it can hold 10 models, and can do the mixing for vtail and the gear switch to go inverted, etc.

Any recommendations are welcome...thanks

Post Thu May 09, 2013 12:15 pm 
Jaemus
Experienced Roboteer

Cool

It sounds like you're on top of things there as far as components go. All of that will work fine in both designs.

I'd suggest putting up a thread in the Builders Reports section, maybe structure it a bit like this http://www.robowars.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=77273#77273

and then some more pictures from different angles so we can see more of the design. The wedge as it is, you cant see much at all.

From what I can see thus far, im not sure how well the clamper on the wedge would work unless i can see exactly how it articulates through its movement, and I can't see the internal layout but it might be that the wheels at the rear will have traction problems as they might not be well centered under the weight balance point.

With the undercutter, it might end up flipped onto its butt and stuck there, so maybe the srimech or chassis shape needs to take that into account, and youd want to make sure those wheel guards can't get bent into the wheels and jam them up. Also It looks like the space for batteries, ESC's, etc is quite limited? You want them well protected and preferably in a compartment lined with foam. Timing pulleys for the weapon arent needed, you actually want to have a little belt slip in the design so that when you whack the bar into something, it doesnt immediately transfer all the torque into the delicate motor shaft

Post Thu May 09, 2013 2:14 pm 
rjw

Good points, of which many have been adressed. these are starting points for these bots, so as much critique as possible is welcome.

The big thing that the spinner has going for it is that therre are only 3 machined parts..the rest is store bought and pretty cheap

I'll head over to the builders area with this...thanks

Post Thu May 09, 2013 10:53 pm 
rjw

If anyone is familiar with the B16 and B104 g-boxes that rmp sells, but is currently out of stock indefinitely, perhaps you can recommend another source?

Basically a planetary box with 370 brushed motor.

thanks

Post Fri May 10, 2013 11:09 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

I would strongly recommend reading through this as it's highly relevant to what you're attempting:

http://blog.ponoko.com/2010/11/16/ten-rules-for-maker-businesses-by-wireds-chris-anderson-%E2%80%94-rule-1/

Wink

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Sun May 12, 2013 9:51 pm 
rjw

quote:
Originally posted by dyrodium:
I would strongly recommend reading through this as it's highly relevant to what you're attempting:

http://blog.ponoko.com/2010/11/16/ten-rules-for-maker-businesses-by-wireds-chris-anderson-%E2%80%94-rule-1/

Wink

Thanks fro the link!!

Post Sun May 12, 2013 11:07 pm 
rjw

Finally have a website up!!

I started on my website, but nothing for sale just yet...coming soon tho!!

I am also doing a 'builders database' kind of thing listing Thunderome participants as they surface

http://www.r2rcr.com

Please feel free to tell me what you like or hate about the site...

It will be changing, as things come up/items become ready for sale

TIA

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:52 am