www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> The Marketplace

Super Cheap 3D printer for Sale - Sydney - Jan 2017

Author    Thread
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Super Cheap 3D printer for Sale - Sydney - Jan 2017

Anybody feel like heading down the hobby 3d printing Rabbit hole ?

I bought one of these "Anet A8" kits a few weeks ago, and been having a lot of fun with it.. it took about 6 hours to build, and has the usual chinese-ium caveats here and there you have to watch for for..

but, its just $240 ! And it seriously prints as well as machines 10x that price once you figure out how to use the slicer software etc. Ive been thinking about a 3d printer for a while, but not willing to drop $1k+ on something I might not use very often.. at this price however, its worth a punt, and Im glad I did.

They are now getting a bit harder to get for that price, since Gearbest (dodgy chinese reseller) flash sale is over and the price has gone up a bit..

but, theres a guy in sydney considering selling his - already assembled here

(link should be fixed now)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1068531466501015/permalink/1327139887306837/?sale_post_id=1327139887306837

*Not recommended for non technical people - the A8 has a few "Gotchas", like a fairly marginal crap quality chinese power supply with exposed 240v terminal blocks and a few underrated high power connectors (for the heated bed) that have been known to occasionally melt and require replacement with something better when pushing it hard (say printing ABS at high temperatures).

There are 2 (one "official" moderated, and one "unofficial" open) FB groups with lots of friendly helpful users discussing tips, tricks, printable upgrages (most arent needed) etc.

90% of the users on the FB pages about them (including me) are very happy with them though.. they work great for the price.. just be aware, its generally a *tinkerers machine, not an "End user" (although one guy has *18 of them running in a print shop.)

Have a look on youtube, Anet A8 reviews.. overall, they're great *for the price.
Just thought Id share it with you guys, since Im sure one of you has the interest and the skills to do useful stuff with it.

Post Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:00 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
HollowMite

I also have an "Anet A8", I can make basic tools or items from it, bt how can I make rectangular items or thin items, Overall I can make many things from it, I get some help from this site, maybe it can help you too... https://bestseekers.com/best-affordable-3d-printer/

Post Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:09 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Takrika06

Re: Super Cheap 3D printer for Sale - Sydney - Jan 2017

quote:
Originally posted by Spockie-Tech:
Anybody feel like heading down the hobby 3d printing Rabbit hole ?

I bought one of these "Anet A8" kits a few weeks ago, and been having a lot of fun with it.. it took about 6 hours to build, and has the usual chinese-ium caveats here and there you have to watch for for..

but, its just $240 ! And it seriously prints as well as machines 10x that price once you figure out how to use the slicer software etc. Ive been thinking about a 3d printer for a while, but not willing to drop $1k+ on something I might not use very often.. at this price however, its worth a punt, and Im glad I did.

They are now getting a bit harder to get for that price, since Gearbest (dodgy chinese reseller) flash sale is over and the price has gone up a bit..

but, theres a guy in sydney considering selling his - already assembled here

(link should be fixed now)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1068531466501015/permalink/1327139887306837/?sale_post_id=1327139887306837

*Not recommended for non technical people - the A8 has a few "Gotchas", like a fairly marginal crap quality chinese power supply with exposed 240v terminal blocks and a few underrated high power connectors (for the heated bed) that have been known to occasionally melt and require replacement with something better when pushing it hard (say printing ABS at high temperatures).

There are 2 (one "official" moderated, and one "unofficial" open) FB groups with lots of friendly helpful users discussing tips, tricks, printable upgrages (most arent needed) etc.

90% of the users on the FB transfers Caen pages about them (including me) are very happy with them though.. they work great for the price.. just be aware, its generally a *tinkerers machine, not an "End user" (although one guy has *18 of them running in a print shop.)

Have a look on youtube, Anet A8 reviews.. overall, they're great *for the price.
Just thought Id share it with you guys, since Im sure one of you has the interest and the skills to do useful stuff with it.

Yes, you tell it, it's very cheap

Post Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:43 pm