www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> General Chatter

Combat robot wikipedia

Author    Thread
decalkins

Combat robot wikipedia

Is back up. It's really Vrogy's baby, but ComBots will host it for free.

http://combots.net/wiki

<Dave hat>
I don't plan on being very involved with it - it's a wiki, after all. You should all add as much as you like. The more the better. Most entries so far have been US-specific. Entries by you guys would be much appreciated.
</dave hat>

<commisioner hat>
This is not an RFL sanctioned website, and is not officially affiliated with, nor endorsed by the RFL.
</commisioner hat>

<ComBots CEO hat>
The combat robot wiki is not affiliated with, nor owned by ComBots, LLC. I'll have some say in what stays up, solely because it's hosted on the combots domain, and a random reader will not be able to differentiate what is offical ComBots info (even if there is a disclaimer...). I doubt I will ever need to delete any entries. Negative comments about ComBots/me can stay up, so long as they're resonable, that's not what I'd be looking for though. Any editing on my part would be removal of "family unfriendly" posts that would put off up-tight parents. Again, I highly doubt I'll need to kill any entries.
</ComBots CEO hat>

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:37 am 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Like this one ?
http://wiki.robowars.org
Smile

I think they're a great idea. but keep your broom handy to clean up the mess from all the spam-bots on occasion

Thats a few hats you've got there - you must like abuse or something - Judge, EO, Commisioner, CEO - no matter where you sit, someone wont like one of your hats. Smile

(see, my humour input is working again today Razz - Feeling better again - Hopefully it will stay that way)

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:42 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Electrical Weapons, as relates to combat robotics, defines weapons that use high-voltage electricity to disable the electrical systems of an enemy.

As this kind of combat is not showy or impressive, and could cause hundreds of dollars of electrical equipment to go up in smoke, it is generally not used, and most competitions outlaw it. The RFL Rule Set does not outlaw these types of weapons by default.

A misprint? Or are you waiting for someone to try a tazer or something first?

Very Happy

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:56 pm 
decalkins

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
A misprint? Or are you waiting for someone to try a tazer or something first?

Very Happy

Huh, a definate misprint.

Post Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:56 pm 
decalkins

quote:
Originally posted by Spockie-Tech:
Like this one ?
http://wiki.robowars.org

Yup. It's a great site.

quote:
Thats a few hats you've got there - you must like abuse or something - Judge, EO, Commisioner, CEO - no matter where you sit, someone wont like one of your hats. Smile

Oh god, there's so many more... US chair to FIRA (robot soccer), US chair of Robot Sumo, etc., etc.

I'm clearly a masochist.

quote:
(see, my humour input is working again today Razz - Feeling better again - Hopefully it will stay that way)

No worries.

Post Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:02 pm