Knightrous
Site Admin

LMFAO XD

Post Sat May 12, 2007 10:37 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

XD

Erm... no no thats not us! Shocked
Its just a small forum we've been posting club specific things like working out fees, arena maintenance and other trivial things. No one wanted to fudge up robowars with it so we started another.

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Sat May 12, 2007 10:40 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Sounds like the Illuminati are in effect already Laughing

Post Sat May 12, 2007 10:54 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

SHUN the non-believer.... SHHHUUUUUUUUUUNNNN. Laughing
Jake, maybe post the pics of the bots you took for the judging?
Unless anyone else got pics?

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Post Sat May 12, 2007 10:57 pm 
cerberus3112

I HATE THAT MOVIE its SOOOOOOO anooying
yey where off to candy mountain yey damm them all

Post Sat May 12, 2007 11:04 pm 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

A list of fights please.

Post Sat May 12, 2007 11:09 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Jake can fill you in with that also, i could guess but might be wrong. He should have it all on his lappy. Smile

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Post Sat May 12, 2007 11:11 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

Jake - help....

@Daniel: we are going a bit left of centre on the scoring - we are giving a "performance vs every other fight you ever saw' score out of 10, plus a simple win/lose. The interesting bit is that a bot can score right up on the numbers and still lose the match. IE if a wedge totally dominates Jolt for 2.9 minutes, then Jolt finally tears the wedge in half in the last 10 seconds, then the wedge could get a 9 vs Jolt getting a 3 but still lose the match.

Its part of our limited Round Robin scheme and still a bit experimental; will this stuff up your ranking system?

Post Sat May 12, 2007 11:22 pm 
andrew

yeah, today was sick, first event ive been in all year and what a absolute blast

some amazing matches, ALOT of people and all round an awesome day

orbit came second, couldnt be happier, it shows the poor things still got some life in it yet Razz

first match against deathwish-first hit put a huge gash above saw balde and he lost power

second match against jasons rambot i was able to pop it up a lil bit and make it jump a lil then got a grab and flipped it over and lid and some guts fell out

third match against cyborg-cyborg held up soo damn well, i basically did nothing to it, was thrown off the back and almost flipped a few times and got a grab in and luckily it flipped

against snack machine-this was the fight i was waiting for, a weopond machine and one of the best in the game doing very well at last two events, we went at it hit for hit, blade to blade, was so intense, in the end i broke some strenghening bits off front and got a hit on pulley/belt and he put some nice ships in front and crakced the pulley near in half

with replacement pulley on i faced stealth and was doing well and he got in and i was upside down, such a lame way to end the day but all credit to stealth, its still got it even though iot had half its armour hanging off Razz

also for grudge match i faced death wish again- got in some good hits, wedges him around a lil his saw cut intothe garolite lid a lil bit which was alright, in th end i tyore off front panel almost and threw it against the front wall, a end of match orits belt fell off for some reason and hung there rattling round then got spat out the back end across the arena, a very hularious way to end the day

all round very happy and will fix up the parts that need fixing and just keep this going again for meantime while i work on other projects (and thanks to parts from nick some beetles very soon as well me hopes ;p)

Post Sat May 12, 2007 11:36 pm 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
Jake - help....

@Daniel: we are going a bit left of centre on the scoring - we are giving a "performance vs every other fight you ever saw' score out of 10, plus a simple win/lose. The interesting bit is that a bot can score right up on the numbers and still lose the match. IE if a wedge totally dominates Jolt for 2.9 minutes, then Jolt finally tears the wedge in half in the last 10 seconds, then the wedge could get a 9 vs Jolt getting a 3 but still lose the match.

Its part of our limited Round Robin scheme and still a bit experimental; will this stuff up your ranking system?

Your scoring system means nothing to me. I don't even look at it. Although your judging system seems screwed up.

All I want is wins and looses in the correct order. Don't bother with the rest.

Post Sun May 13, 2007 12:29 am 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

Fair enough. the judging system only seems screwed up cause you are used to double elimination. I was skeptical at first, but it really seems to be working, plus we all get more matches.

Post Sun May 13, 2007 12:39 am 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

Why would the judging change because the fights are ordered differently? It makes no sense. Who wins a fight shouldn't be different between a double elim comp and a round robin comp.
At least that's how I'm understanding it from what I have read.

Post Sun May 13, 2007 12:45 am 
Fish_in_a_Barrel

Which score is used to calculate the win for the fight, and which score is used to calculate the win for the day?

Post Sun May 13, 2007 12:58 am 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

Daniel: you have missed something along the way - at an individual fight level, nothing has changed, although we are not scoring individually on aggression / damage / style like some other comps. Each fight is decided on it's own merits, as voted by five judges. To my mind, the simple win/lose score is mostly psychological, plus its handy for your bot ranking system; the numerical score is what I watch to see how I am placed against the other competitors.

I probably shouldn't put NSW's foot in it's mouth on this, but here goes: we have what starts out as a regular round robin competition. After about four rounds, we have an elimination style round between the top placed bots. In order to pick the final round without having gone through a full round robin session, we have judges who assign a single score from 0 to 9 plus a win/lose for each bot.

The score number does not have to reflect who won (as mentioned) although it mostly does. The judge's scores are averaged for the match and Jake tells me the spread is usually quite small, meaning that the judges are in agreement. When we run out of time for more round robin matches, the scores for each bot are averaged and the top bots have semifinal and final matches to get official places.

Compared to a full round robin, this system is less accurate at picking the best bots, simply because every bot can't get to fight every other bot. In a full round robin the scoring is based on a simple win/lose score and the bot with the most wins would win the event. In our partial round robin system, the averaged score compensates for not fighting every other bot - we get a pretty good prediction of how a particular bot would have performed if it had gone more rounds.

I am sure that people could poke all sorts of holes in this and you simply have to be here to see how it runs. Suffice to say that it must be working as there have been no hissy fits about placings. Jake & Russel have a neat computerised scoring system that takes care of the maths and in the end, we get more fights than we would in double elimination, so everyone goes home happy.

Jake will be able to comment on the technicalities. If he says anything different to the above, his version is right.

Post Sun May 13, 2007 1:44 am 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

preliminary results are up
http://valen.botscoop.net/marryong/2007-05-12%20Round%203/results.htm

there are errors in this data with regards to byes and forefits, I just need to write some more SQL to fix it.

I'm putting the videos from my phone up here
http://valen.botscoop.net/marryong/2007-05-12%20Round%203/videos/
but i haven't converted the audio track to something that most people will be able to play as yet. I can play the video track though so if you have oodles of bandwith to spare go your hardest lol.

pictures of the competitors are at
http://valen.botscoop.net/marryong/2007-05-12%20Round%203/images/

I'm heading out for the day, propper results videos, fight info and a swag of other stuff will come up when i get back

Post Sun May 13, 2007 9:39 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number