www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

Huntsman - Hellfire Labs - QLD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Author    Thread
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

put an elbow in it like mr psycho. thatd be a sweet idea XD Not that im watching robot wars series 7 right now or anything >_>;

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

Hobbyking have a big 7hp motor in stock. Not sure if I sure build the 500W motor axe robot or the vertical spinner. I should have all the drawing done by the end of the week and was planning to get quotes for cutting next week but now I'm thinking about changing design again.

Or one off those brushless driving the axe with a 40:1 gear reduction and someone smart enough to be able to make it reverse without blowing controllers. Seems too complicated

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:27 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:

Or one off those brushless driving the axe with a 40:1 gear reduction and someone smart enough to be able to make it reverse without blowing controllers. Seems too complicated

Big fat rotary drum switch controlled by a servo. use the throttle stick to change directions and a toggle switch to turn the brushless ESC on from 0% to 100%.

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:19 pm 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

Post Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:50 pm 
miles&Jules
Experienced Roboteer

These look so cool...any of them will be great ...you just have to just start making one of em.he he
Miles

-Pickasso- Vivid Sportsman champion 2015

Post Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:03 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Your double motor/chain idea is great. Even if you have a failure, the other side can get you through the fight. Can you fit the same idea into a feather?

Post Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:13 am 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

I was preparing the DXF's for the water jet cutting on the bus this morning. I also need to get three hubs made for the weapon so I need to make some drawings of those and find a friendly person with a lathe. I'll also order the sprokets, bearings and batteries this week. Just need to stop redesigning the chassis.

I still want to do more drawing on this model, but when its finished I'll start drawing a new Avenger and Vendetta just in case the water jet cutting proves to be cheap. I could try double chains on Avenger when I draw it.

Post Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:01 am 
craig_tanto

these Solidworks drawings are so superb, what a fantastic looking robot, how far have you gotten?
why the angled front? its a very unique design, also love the vertical spinner design

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:31 am 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

How far have I gotten? Well the bisalloy plate will be getting ordered from the water jet cutting mob this week. I need to get the to weapon hubs machined up so I need to make some detail drawings of them and find someone who can make them. I also need to buy the sprokets, chains, bearings and axles. The 30mm axle at the front might be a bit difficult to scrounge. I need to ask Marto about a couple of 48V speedos for the weapon and order the batteries. Basically once I have the plate and hubs I should be flying.

The reverse wedge nose was my idea of an axe vs a horizontal spinner. Guys put wedges on their robots so the opponent would be deffelcted over the chassis. But if I deflect a spinner over my chassis he'll break my axe. I thought it would be better if I deflect the spinner under my chassis so my axe can swing onto their top without getting the sprokets and axle hit. And since the axe turns 270 degrees I tjought it'll be fun to sit on top of wedges when giving them a whack. So basically its an anti-american design and does the complete opposite to what they think I'll do.

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:43 am 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

Most Go kart axles are hardened and 30mm with a keyway on each end Smile I pulled a few out of that drum we ripped apart at robowars one year.

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:46 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
craig_tanto

Daniel that is a fantastic idea, it never occurred to me to deflect energy like that. I'm in the process of putting together a couple of scrap robots one of which is an Etek driven hammer bot, how are you going to control the axe motors?
Be careful using hardened materials, they have been known to shatter, Terrorhurtz used a hardened axe head and it shattered when fighting Tanto, from my experience a little flex is better than none at all

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:47 pm 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

The bisalloy is currently getting cut. Once it arrives I will start cutting the angle and flat for the frame.
I just ordered the sprockets, chain and bearings. Once they arrive I'll confirm the sizes of the hubs and find some steel for the hubs and axles.
I will also order a new 2.4Ghz module for my radio since my Corona module will fail tech inspection with its backward start up procedure.
That leaves the batteries and weapon controllers.
After 4 months of designing and 6 finished CAD models it looks like I might start seeing some parts. I wonder how big it will be.

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:41 pm 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

I need some help turning up some hubs and boring out the sprokets. I still need to wait for the bearings and sprokets to arrive so I can confirm the sizes becauce people don't seem to do put the sproket hub sizes on the internet. So these are rev A drawings so people can get an idea. I'll rev them up to 0 after I can measure the real parts.

Post Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:25 pm 
miles&Jules
Experienced Roboteer

Looking epic!

-Pickasso- Vivid Sportsman champion 2015

Post Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:04 pm 
Don
Experienced Roboteer

when would you need it done by?I know a guy but hes a litte busy atm and still owes someone else some machining. Sad .and what material would you want the hubs made from?

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:16 pm