www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

Team Vertex - QLD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Author    Thread
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Well i was impresed with heamorages performance at the weekend its just a pity i got lazy as usual and dint check under the hood after its last battle it lost the final due to a battery conection comeing off.All it needs repairing is a broken cable on one of the self righting arms .

Vertical limits went well until it lost a drive in its last battle as well i will have to beef something up to stop the wheels slipping on the drill shafts i think my boss has let go this time .it must be from the extra presure of friction driveing the second set of inverted wheels at the same time .

The Cheese has a bent shaft where the saw attaches so it will also need some repairs .

T2m might get retired fora while Im starting on another idea at the moment which will be similar to heamorage but a little different to sort out ballance and over steer porblems this one will have a wider and longer wheel base and will be lower than heamorge .Iff i can fit it in, the second and third wheapons should complement it but i might need a 6 chanel radio lol
At the moment my kinetic flipper is on the back burner as it is prety complicated and i dont have acces to materials i would need to make it properly .
My son David also wants a drum bot built as he doesnt realy have a bot of his own he ususaly drives t2m but wants one of his own desighn and makeing we will see how keen he is to make it first .

I still need to send my first IBC back for repairs as it is still malfunctioning after we blew it up before the MM4 with reverse polarity.

I put up with it in heamorage at the robo wars event but now its geting worse and some times takes over a second or two to actualy do any thing when you move the sticks or some times it just sits jerking back wards and fowards violenty when told to go in a circle .I think its some sort of fet drive prob as ive cleaned the board 3 times now with no success.I didnt use it at the last MM5 event and had to resort to doing swaps between heamorage and the cheeze .

Post Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:23 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

I went for a drive to Mtre 11 this morning and found a few bits that will fit nicely on the new bot im building. I started on it today but dont know if it will be ready for the next event .The extra wheapon i was thinking of putting on it looks like it wont fit easily into the deshighn but im not ruleing it out at the moment i think i can fit it in the weight ok though .

Post Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:39 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

I'll be around tommorow hopefully to drop some parts off for my gearbox and have a general chat with you Smile

Post Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:19 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Ive built the two main body parts for the new bot now i have to weld them together and start makeing motor mounts and stuff for it i was going to try and get some thick plastic in town today but ran out of time so it might get some tempoary mdf mounts for the time being until i can source some thick plastic or rubber for the mounts . i hve to go to Miter 11 and se if i can find a few more bits for the lifter i thought i have all the parts but i need another window slider hopefuly i can find some cars to rob them from lol ..

Post Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:59 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

The Cortina behind my green shed has window sliders in it.

Post Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:58 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

I have the drives mounted for then new bot notmuch else done so far .The lifter is the next thing to put on .but im still working on its final deshighn in my head as i find it too hard and time consumeing to play with cad or draw it up lol . Hopefully it will be spinner - resistant
I might put a few pics up later this wek when i get some batteries for the camera as the kids used them in their game boys

Post Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:09 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Bring the pieces up my place and I'll take some snap shots with the good digital camera, saving everyone from "Low Res"

Post Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:33 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Today i mounted the lifter on its rails and have conected the linkage that makes the whole lifter slide back on the bot as it lifts ..this is to put the weight of the lift over the drive wheels ..i tried lifting the cheese schredder with it and it just stalled out it doesnt seem to have the same guts as its twin on heamorage i might have to pull the motor apart and see why its got no power it was stalling at 2.4 amps on 12 volts .Heamorage with its old motor stalled at 12 amps and could easily lift 35 kgs .

Once i get the motor sorted out i wil be redesighning the the lifting arm to suit this bot i could put another drill motor on it like i did on heamorage but dont realy want to as it will get in the way of my other plans

Post Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:13 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Today i made the lifter arm hopefully it wil be able to with stand a few spinner atacks i just put a few bits together and it looks pretty cool on the front i put it up in the air and sat different bots on it and the new bot ddint even look like tipping over hopefully it will be the same when its actualy lifting .Aaron took a few pics topday ill se if he can put a couple up on the photo section .

Post Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:25 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

It's a very nice robot and Andrew has put some extreme thinking into this little package. I'm itching to see it fully working Cool

Pictures here:
http://www.robowars.org/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=677
http://www.robowars.org/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=678

Post Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:08 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

I set up the grab mech on the bot today It grabs as twice as fast as i though it would it nearly got me the frst time i tried it on Heamorage it came down with a bang and i thought i had blown up the motor or something lol.

I also fixed the lift motor prob ..the one i had used had a rusted worm gear so it was jambing up under load .

Im still not happy with the ballance on lifting so tonight i did some adjustments and managed to get the lift another 20 mm back over the axles tommorow i will shift a couple of bits and should manage to get it back another 12 mm and hopefully that will also change the tilt position as it lifts .
Once i get the lifter sorted i will wire it up for a test drive and then get it weighed to see how much more weight i have left for some armour and other bits and pieces.

Post Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:13 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

I did a couple more lift tests on the new bot yesterday.. its nearly there ,it just needs a bit more weight on the rear or driveing foward while lifting to stabilise it for the start of the lift .. adding some armour to the bot should fix it though.
At the moment whe whole bot weighs 10 kgs with a 7 amp sla and the ibc 's i was going to run 2x 7 amps for ballast but i dont think i need that much run time so will probaly go with 2x 2.4 amps like the other bots we get good run times out of them after a few initial heavy discharge and re charge cycleswhile they are still warm .

Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:10 am 
Knightrous
Site Admin

I still think the 36v idea is good. That should also fix the ballast problems Very Happy

Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:38 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

mmm mabe a couple of old edison cells i had kicking about lol would have give me the weight and current limiting pitty they were wet cells.

Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:18 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Not much happening on the building front lately although ive put an ibc and two drill controlers in the bot along with 3X2.4amp sla's to see how it will all fit .

Its a real tight sqeeze for components at the moment but the drill trigers will be getting replaced with pic axe relay (or fett)controlers once Aaron and i can get some time together to make them.

The drill trigers will give me full control of the two wheapon motors for now to do some testing and I will add the third controler for the other wheapon when i get the rest of the bot going .

I'll need 5 chanels so its time to try that radio hack idea Very Happy

Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:20 pm