www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

Team Vertex - QLD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Author    Thread
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

I put the batteries in the new robot today and made the mounts which also double to hold the cover on .. i might start wireing it all up tommorow .Its getting 3x2.3 sla's for power and ballast

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:12 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Mm i seem to have lost a page of posts ..ill up date and let every one know how the new bot is going once i get the wheapons controlers built and give it a proper test run..ive repaired the lose wheel on vertical limits and only need to fix the saw on the cheese and put a couple of bolts back in heamorage and we should be ready for the next QLDmetal mayhem event

Post Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:19 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Ive bought some bits to make another wheapons switch minus pwm as i dont need it for these motors .

i fixed the bent shaft on the cheese's angle grinder box just need to give it a spin to make sure it still works and hasnt burnt out a motor ect.

I havent done much else on the new bot the last few days but i did spend a couple of hours this morning makeing a blacksmiths forge so i can now heat and shape some bits ive wanted to build for a while and then harden them instead of mucking about with a gas heating torch. The kids also wanted a forge to make some swords and stuff they muck about with .

Hopefully i can now make the armour for the new bot . Very Happy

Post Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:27 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

I found a cheap source of 8:1 helical gear setups, only $14.95! Cool

Post Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:59 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

most of the wireing is done on the new bot ...with the ibc and two wheapons controlers fitted is starting to look like a tin of spagetti inside its guts lol im hopeing to give it a proper test drive tommorow or the next day i still need to finish of some bits that i only tack welded on so once its al finished welding the electronics will go back in for some proper drive testing hopefully then i wil start on makeing the armour

Post Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:50 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Gave the new bot a trial run today picked a few of the other bots up and caried them around then lifted a 14inch car wheel complete with tire and caried that around the shed for a bit of fun .. my grab motor has striped the worm gear so i will make an aluminum one to replace the nylon one and might add a couple of extra prongs on the grab as it tends to work its way into wheel slots and large holes in the bots and get stuck .

The wireing is a mess on this one as every thing has to be slid in from the middle so all the wireing had to be long enough to move the parts into their positions when fitting ..its basicly put in the ibc at the front the batteries down the back and stuf the rest in the middle and bolt the cover on

Post Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:12 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Will it be coming to the next HoC?

Post Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:25 am 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Might be Very Happy
i have to fix the striped gear ,make the aerial ,add a light ,set up external charging for the batteries and make the armor , i havent found the right material for the armour yet but i am searching the dump every day lol
I was haveing a bit of trouble with one of the relays on my servo board controler welding its self hopefully ive fixed the problem by putting two 50 volt 10 micropharad caps across the contacts to help prevent the arcing at 24 volts

Post Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:42 am 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Picking up a cartyre with the lifter would have been no easy feat. I guess the design has turned out well then Smile

I'll come over on Friday and take a few videos of it.

Post Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:57 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

picking it up was easy leting go of it was fun as the lifter prong went into one of the wheel stud holes and got jambed lol so i might have to redesighn that bit so it cant slide easily into small crevaces .

I made the new worm gear today i didn't have any ali big enough so it has been made out of 41/40 steel the same as i made vertexs old ww motors gears . Ive forgoten how long it takes to make steel gears by hand my arms are a bit tired from swinging the hack saw and the files lol but its finished and instaled and works fine .

Post Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:13 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

I found the right type of steel ive been looking for down the dump today and have started on the armour hopefully this one might be finished this week Very Happy

Post Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:31 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

I did a bit more on the armour of the new bot today .. its starting to look interesting but time and testing will tell if it will do the job i want it to ..if not then i will have to do something else more convential

Post Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:58 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

i Got the new bot weighed today..its just on the limit with half of its armour fitted .. so after a bit of thinking ive decided to remove one of the bateries so it will now be only running 2x2.4sla's insted of 3 this should allow me to put the rest of the armour on and hopefuly still retain the lifting ballance i need .I was going to put in a single drill pack for the lifter but decided not to as i wanted to get full advantage of the weight gain .I just had to do some rewireing to still get 24volts on the lifter with the 2 batteries. hope fully it shoud be going for the next event . Very Happy

Post Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:17 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

did some more on the armour of the new bot and started on the wheel gaurds today i stil have 500 grms to play with . basicly i only have to finish those and then do some tidying up of wireing ect and give it a test againt vert limits Very Happy

Post Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:02 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Sproing had a few problems in its first event .. probaly due to over testing lol .. It picked the back end of Vertex up a couple of times for fun Very Happy it was going fine saturday night but on sunday the lifter decided to play up .Then it had a wheel lock up in its last fight.
Im pleased with my armour desighn i just need to do some retempering where i weld the spring steel on to the box section as a couple of bits snaped off at the welds . I did a bit of a post mortem on the drive and the gear box had broken the plastic gears so that is an area that will need to be strenghtned .I havent found the fault in the lifter yet but i suspect its in the relays on my wheapons controler .
The Cheese has snaped an axle where it goes into the gear box so its wheel is just free wheeling in the end bearings .so a new gear box will be needed as well.
Vertical limits had a couple of battery probs at the start of the event as one of the super crap batteries has failed so i replaced its batteries and it went well the rest of the event even going straight back into the melee after its last battle with out a recharge .
Looks like i need to get some good 2.3 amp Dos batteries for our bots .Although we have had a good run from the supercheaps .This was the first time they have been removed from the robot since i built it .
The cheese still has the same set it was built with as well.

Post Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:27 pm