Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Author    Thread
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

Wanted 4ch jaycar response amp 4x50w or 4x100w

I only want jaycar response nothing els Very Happy

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:13 pm 
Fish_in_a_Barrel

Do the gas bottles have use by/manufacture dates?

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:59 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

The tanks are worth nothing except as scrap - you never actually buy the tanks from the supplier, only rent them, so nobody can just take them in to be swapped or refilled without an account - you get tanks with an account so nobody really needs to buy any extras.

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:47 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

quote:
Originally posted by CELL DAMAGE!:

www.jaycar.com.au

I hear they have them fairly cheap Wink

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:23 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Originally posted by BH Mike:
Do the gas bottles have use by/manufacture dates?

The tanks will have a hydo testing date on them. After this date the should be tested for cracks and such. There are quite a lot of places that will do this for you. The date will be stamped into the top of the bottle.

Quite a few places will fill them for you. Or you can do it yourself, just hire a cylinder for the weekend. I've heard a lot of guys do this.

I would be tempted to make an offer as they would make good buffers for larger robots but I already have too much junk and not enough money.

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:26 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Originally posted by TDT:
quote:
Originally posted by CELL DAMAGE!:

www.jaycar.com.au

I hear they have them fairly cheap Wink

Yes but second hand is cheaper again Very Happy

As for the bottles i think i remember seing a tag with 2002 bosch or something on it but will have another look after work.

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:02 am 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

Just bought a heap of new parts to keep restoring mah fiat, so i have to sacrifice some superfluous parts to pay for em Smile

Rhino RSA alarm + central locking + remote start + tilt sensor + microwave sensor + shock sensor + mega loud mini siren + LCD remote and 1 normal one

http://www.soundmaster.com.au/list.asp?id=656&class_name=Car_Alarms&product_name=RHINO_RSA_Alarm_and_Immobiliser_FITTED

i bought it start of the year to understand the system better (very complex) when i was doing tech support at rhino. just rewiring the car now as it was fairly shagged and i just CBF rewiring it all over again and its a bit stupid having all this wanky ricer things on a 1978 car Razz

talk to me on msn if you want to know more about it. there is so many features to it its not funny. in the time i had it, it worked pretty good and they actually work really well in the long run once there installed right.

but the main feature of the system is that it can remote start the car. works best on fuel injected cars with standard ignition coils but it also works on a few late model cars (let me know what you want to put it in first..) and very well tuned carb cars. can be set to turn on at a specific time in the day (i.e. 6am every morning to warm it up before work or whatever). also has a turbo timer feature with adjustable run time..

comes with tons of add on bits cause typical me wanted everything Razz microwave sensor (adjustable with 2 stages of detection.), digital tilt sensor, two stage shock sensor, central locking controller is built into it.

has a mini back up battery siren which is the loudest one they sold at the time. it is absolutely ballistic and happily sends you deaf for a few minutes Razz, not to slag my own parts off but these were known to puff the nicad battery up in them - but this one checks out to be just fine so far.

also has a very intense sexy blue LED i put in there too

most of the looms have plenty of wire left in them, worse case just solder more on there (in most installs you have to do that to a few wires anyway). i will get some pics of it tommorow.

but yes the remote start does work and its a pretty cool feature. didnt work too well in my carbed fiat because it has a bigger cam and a carb with a mech pump so it takes ages to crank over thus making the battery voltage fall and makes the alarm reset. alas. but have put in a supra, 200sx, galant and yes jake even a telstar Laughing

comes with a long range 1km distance LCD pager remote too that tells you what part of the car got set off and all that stuff and lets you know if the engine is running off remote start.

asking $200 for all of it ONO. new price i think was $250 without the extras. if you can install a radio you can put this thing in Smile

cheers. think i should go for a career in sales? Laughing

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:06 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

RC car fo sale Razz

traded angus some stuff for an electric race one so i can get into the racing a bit more with my cousins so this one is no longer neccessary.

GV - BV-1 nitro tourer has a genuine OS.15 engine in it thats just passed break in and used at the track once.

parts upgraded:
- 2 speed transmission
- venom speed and voltage meter
- big 7 cell nimh reciever pack and it has a spare 1200mah lipoly that needs a new connector
- much much better pipe
- lots of suspension work to get it handling right
- RB innovations supercharger setup that isnt installed now but you get all the parts for it.
- upgraded pro version base plate
- spektrum servos x 2
- 2x AM radios supplied.

heres some pics

with the super charger

ill also chuck in 8 drift wheels as well Smile

with the OS motor its exedingly over powered and happily cracks 4 wheel drifts with sorex foam tyres on it so yeah. serious piece of kit!

looking for $400 ONO for everything (shipping included if i have to post it which im happy to do).

thanks. hopefully this will fund my robowars trip Laughing

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:39 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

WANTED -

one burnt out angle grinder complete. preferably free Laughing or can trade something of equal value Razz

will be implating huge brushless + lipoly and making an epic portable one. or so goes the plan!

as for the aforementioned car happy to sell it for $300 Smile **plenty of expensive bits in it*

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:51 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

cheap helmet

cross post -

hey,

for sale 1 cheap helmet, XRACER brand apparently (sounds quality haha) size is medium - 57/58cm.

i used it last race cause i was too povvo to afford a real one, now ive bought a good one i dont need it Smile still in new condition but the visor is scratched. But its your lucky day because a new tinted one off ebay is $7.

To be fair it looks pretty nice from the outside. its not too bad fitting either. just doesnt have much ventilation compared to a good brand.

allegedly its also australian standards approved.

so yeah, would make a good helmet just to bash around in, keep it as a spare, use it as a garden ornament, soccer ball etc etc.

$40. i can bring it to the next race if you want.

this is my new one, i love it Very Happy i think its plenty appropriate too hahaha. if anyone needs anything bike related go to the mcas at auburn now, they have a huge sale on. so much cheap gear.

NB - good for any one into car racing or drags or something like that as well

Post Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:58 pm 
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

Shocked Wont you need that when your finished building teh death bike lol Laughing

I had a mate who brought a thumpster and everytime he got on it he crashed it and he never had a helmet so one day he asked to borrow myn the next day he rang up and asked me how much i wanted for it when i asked why he explained he come off his bike head first into a tree and cracked the helmet Shocked I was like faaaaa glad i lent it to you then Laughing

Post Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:57 am 
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

Hey guys i work for aussie dog i build toys for well any animal incl elephants ands monkeys "anything" fun job just thought id plug that they have some pretty good stuff for dogs and horses too lol im also selling some stuff on ebay a bit cheaper then there website.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/id=153843848

Just for anyone with a bored pet out there.

The prices are fair considering its all made in australia with materials made in australia bye australians lol and its all non toxic safe stuff nothing will shatter or break and hurt your dog unlike some of the cheapo china toys out there so you get what you pay for.

iF ANYONE WANTS ANYTHING LET ME KNOW AND ILL KNOCK OFF 10% OUTSIDE OF EBAY.

"plug" lol Laughing

Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:25 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

Need to finance my belt drive conversion on the mill, and i never use this ever soo

For sale - traxxas nitro sport rc truggy

Had it for about 3 years but its literally been used 3 times, one to break it in, one it was out in the bush near my place for one tank and i took it out to race at whalan reserve once (about 2 tanks went through it) so its pretty well just broken in

Very simple rc, easy to work on, really strong and only 2wd, so its basically bulletproof drive wise. the engine is a .15 and its the easiest nitro ive ever tuned. im terrible at it and i can get this one spot on nearly every time.

Only thing to mention otherwise is i was doing backflips with it and landed upside down against a fence which broke the rear shock tower, so that has a new one on it that hasnt been used since installation

Heres a few pics of it in action

upgraded parts it has are -

- upgraded steering servo (it cost ~ $60) with around double the torque and speed of the original. much better steering. ill check the type tommorow

- upgraded 5 cell reciever pack. replaces the original 4x duracells

- comes with the 3 channel traxxas radio not the 2 so you can setup remote start.

- failsafe + reciever pack volt meter

- upgraded rear shock tower

- electric start dongle thingymajig with a 7.4v 2100mah nicad pack.

super fun car, drifts and hoons everywhere. you can backflip it and just beat on it totally. parts are ultra cheap for it too which is why i bought it in the first place. in stark contrast to the revo parts which are mega bucks.

$200~ all complete and ready to go

Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:23 pm 
Collo

To follow on from Glens post, I have two Traxxas Bandits that my brother and me no longer have time for. Both around 3 years old with MSC's (Mechanical Speed Controls).
Bandits are indestructable, entry level, electric off-road buggies and are built solely for bashing and ease of use. Comes with heaps of battery packs, chargers, spare Tx/Rx/Crystal and ready for instant use.

Wanting to sell both together but can seperate, msg with interest and i can post pics, send info, whatever you need done.
Looking for around ~$150ish for both together
THanks, Chris

Post Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:39 am 
DumHed
Experienced Roboteer

I'm selling an air compressor - if anyone's after one Smile

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320527442985&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1182

Post Wed May 05, 2010 9:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number