www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

Mental - Hellfire Labs - QLD
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author    Thread
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

Well after spending the day wiring the robot up minus the accelerometer I decided to stick in a simple program to test the outputs but it turns out my controller is dead! Mad
I can't afford another one now (where has all my money gone? I could have sworn I used to be able to buy one of these per week.) So I will put in a Picaxe 40x to test the wiring but that will need to wait a couple of days now.

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:27 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

Got the Picaxe wired up today. After sorting out a few minor electrical gremlins I loaded the controller with a simple timed program to see how fast the robot spins.
It got up to a very satisfactory speed in about 2 seconds and maintained it nicely. Only problem was one of the motors began to shift in its mount and caused one of the wheels to bind. Rough estimate of the speed would be around 1200 rpm. I'll get a tacho onto it once the motor mount has been re done.

Also for some strange reason the heading indicator LEDs cause the controller to lock up when they are turned on.

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:13 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

Ok now that things have settled down after Ideas Festival and changing jobs again (no more photocopiers or printers. Its all miniature wildlife traking transmitters now. what a mix of jobs for the last few years) I have had another look at Mental.
I have repacked some NiMh batteries with built in mounting brackets and changed the controller. Also wired in a hall effect sensor to get a heading and gave it a spin. Unfortunatly I lost a wheel, battery, controller and receiver before the robot could get up to speed so I need another rebuild.
The battery mounts worked well, the screws holding them down did not. I need new wheel hubs too.

Post Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:11 am 
NIS55Y

where near brisbane are you

hi mate, how far from ipswich are you ? and is there any possibility of checking out one of your robots some time - even if its just at your next event ? im sort of being pushed towards building a bot by the missus and aside from what i have seen on youtube have never laid eyes on one

Post Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:56 am 
andrew

ok if ur missus is forcing u to make a robot then your doing alright man.

Ha ha, if u want add me on msn and i can send u through a heap of pics and help where i can

Post Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:20 am 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

Our next event is this saturday in my garage. I have no idea how many other guys are going to turn up but your welcome to come. Its at 34 Surrey st, Nundah at about 10am

Post Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:49 am 
NIS55Y

saturday

unfortunately i am working saturday morning but i will endeavour to finish early and see if i can make it before you have finished, im assuming you will be there for a couple of hours at least ?

thanks
Sam

Post Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:52 am 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

We will be meeting from about 10am untill after lunch.

Post Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:19 am