RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

Sidetracked Event this July ???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Author    Thread
seanet1310

Out of interest how was was battleshead placed 2 months seperate when
in jan 08 "Round 6 13/09 - Battleshed '08 "
may 07 refering to 2008 "Victorian State Title Round 1 08/09 - 12th October"
thats one month by my reconing or am i missing something?
BTW please dont feal like im haveign a go at you or anything as i know this is bound to be a bit of a touchy issue if its anything like last year just curious. I would be quite anoyed if i was you and sidetracked wanted to put events near or on your interste event 2 years straight.

Post Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NMO
Experienced Roboteer

Matt will be intercontinental on the 27 - 28 September (In fact he comes home on the 28th).

I'll be there however.

On another note, Team NMO is still eager to go to battleshed as well, if possible, (transport etc yet to be arranged)

Post Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:07 pm 
seanet1310

Same with team NET and at the moment i cant see any reason why we coul not do both exept for complete distuction at the vic event (a second bot in the works should help with such issues aslong as ibc, reciver and batterys survive.

Post Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:13 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bort
Experienced Roboteer

Following are our proposed competition dates for 2008.
National Titles - January 12th and 13th
Victorian State Title, Round 2 Final 07/08 - April 13th
Victorian Open Titles - July 20th
Victorian State Title Round 1 08/09 - 12th October

I was referring to the proposed Vic Open Titles for 20 July and Battleshed 13 September, which are separated by 8 weeks if my calcs are correct. Yeah the Battleshed and the 23 October are separated by 4 weeks, but thats a state event and not open to interstate.

Yeah no probs, its not as touchy as last year. We all let that get carried away. I'm glad you can see my point though. As a side note its an interesting read the old battleshed 2007 topic Laughing

Hey I'm glad to hear that guys, you are all welcome as you know. But its just hard to bite your tongue sometimes. I certainly don't want to start off what happened last year. Certainly not upset, just disappointed. Especially considering all the things said last time to justify both sides. Just seems impossible to cater for both states without clashing Sad

In fact I was thinking of organising a few of the boys for an old fashion road trip for mid-year voyage down south. But you have to assume the worst and that your bot might not survive, so seems like a gamble.

Anyways, if its not stopping you guys then I guess it won't be a problem. Just don't get trashed. Save that for scissorhands Smile

Post Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:51 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

Sigh, its hard being the tall poppy Rolling Eyes - except sometime the poppy turns out to be a triffid in disguise and y'all get eaten Twisted Evil

Post Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:40 am 
seanet1310

didnt think of the whole interstate not interstate thing makes perfect sense now Bort. From robowars i can not think of any bot vic has (and Gary has no new or more powerful spinners by the sound of things) that would take me more then a day to fix as as long as the electronics live should be all good. only thing is i hope you guys don't get 1 annoyed if a vic bot or 2 is registered to compete but is then completely and utterly broken to the point they can not.

Post Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:15 pm 
Sidetracked

Sidetracked events can only be held during school holidays. At this point I dont care if we have one or not - just putting out some options for the builders.

Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:31 pm 
seanet1310

personaly i would prefer we have a robowars event in the september school holidays .

Post Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:10 pm 
Bort
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Originally posted by seanet1310:
i hope you guys don't get 1 annoyed if a vic bot or 2 is registered to compete but is then completely and utterly broken to the point they can not.

Ofcourse not. We'd appreciate your interest in competing in the sport as much as you can. If that means having a go and getting destroyed then that's all good.

I mean it's only people like Nick who get scared and run away to America, instead of settling scores here first because he knew he would break another blade... Razz

Post Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:23 pm 
seanet1310

So will there be an event in september?

Post Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:47 pm 
NMO
Experienced Roboteer

Hi all

I sent an email to Mark at Sidetracked and got a response back. He is still keen to have a 2 day event in September.

At the builders meet about 7 people said they would be able to make it. Who else is interested in comming?

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:50 am 
Damien (not Damian)

Yay!!!! I'm definitely coming at least to watch since Binky (and I can't come to the January one) probably won't be finished by then, but then again, I could just bolt a hammer to it and use the microswitches...

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:01 am 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Possibly maybe. Smile I think i'll need another holiday by then... How soon can dates be confirmed?

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:08 am 
NMO
Experienced Roboteer

The Dates are fixed at 27th 28th September and the event will be confirmed when we have enough bots interested

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:17 am 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

yeah ill come for that Surprised

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:26 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger