www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> The Marketplace

CHARGES FOR SALE OR WANTED!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Author    Thread
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

CHARGES FOR SALE OR WANTED!

Dose anyone have a triton they will sell?

I have a 600mah sla charger for sale $30 plus $10 postage

Post Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:04 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Its probably a bit early in the game for anyone to be selling their Tritons just yet Tim.. most of us are just starting to buy them and I dont know of anything better that one would upgrade to yet either... Wink

They cost about $220-$240 new each by the time you get them here if anyone is interested. Oh, they dont come with output leads either, you need to make some banana->whatever plug you use leads as well.

Post Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ffej
Experienced Roboteer

People looking for a peak charger may want to check this charger out.

http://www.perthrc.com.au/News/news.html

The SuperNova 3000 is what I use to charge my packs atm, only I got mine before they upgraded it and added the LiPoly charging. From what I hear on the RC forums, both the supernova and the triton are based on the same design, with a only a few differences, like the the case, the way of scrolling through menu's, etc. It comes with a set of banna plugs with alligator clips on the end for attaching to the batery to be charged. Also, the SuperNova can charge 30 cells at 5A, as opposed to the Triton which can only charge 24 cells at 5A, which may be useful to some people who plan to build bigger bots that OV 24V motors to 36V.

Depending on the freight charges from Perth, it could work out $20 or so cheaper than the triton, and much less waiting time, as the Robot Marketplace seem to be damn slow at delivering stuff, well, mine anyway . . .

ffej.net

Post Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

We;ve been buying our Tritons from Tower Hobbies and receiving them in 7-10 days on average as well as being $10 cheaper than Robot Marketplace..

Actually, I'd probably rather support Jim, but we were buying some Tower Hobbies radios as well, so it made sense to get them all from the same place

Post Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

WHAT IS THE ADDRESS FOR TOWER HOBBIES?

Post Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:54 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

www.towerhobbies.com

Post Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:20 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

I have a 1-10cell Omni 4Amp NiCD/NiMH charger for sale. Cost me $60, I'm willing to sell it for $45 + P&P. Saving up for some more bot parts and currently I'm not running NiCD/NiMH's in bots, so this little baby might as well go. I've had no problems with it, it has short circuit protection, reverse polarity protection and is fully automatic. Does drill batteries up pretty quick and even does my little RX packs and antweight packs too.

I also have a pair of SC3000mAh 7.2v NiMH packs that I'm tempted to sell, if an offer is made that seems suitable I'll consider.

Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:42 pm 
Timothy Forde
Experienced Roboteer

Ok well this is also arsking if anyone know a new one as well I can get.
I need a charger to charge my sla's in about a hour so that's 2 4 ammps or one 8ammp 12v
Any idea's people?

Post Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:34 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

tons of options tim. i would say first you need a spare change of batteries as using the one pair non stop through the whole event will annihilate them.

but try www.oatleyelectronics.com for some 2.8amp chargers i think.

best i can recommend of that power would be the beehive. not sure where they can be purchased though, nick?

Post Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:39 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Tim, Talk to Brett about chargers, he's your source for pure information Smile

Post Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:26 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

A good powerful battery charger is actually very easy to construct for yourself.

There are only 4 sections required, a Transformer, a DC Rectifier (Diodes), Filtering (capacitors), and a regulator (Transistor-like widget). The circuit diagram is very simple, and anyone who can wire up a robot could probably do it easily in a few hours.

The catch comes in that the parts necessary to flow many amps arent cheap.. I'd guesstimate a figure of around about $20 per amp to buy the bits from JayCar type places.

If you only wanted 1-3 amps, its fairly easy to scrounge up the parts from recycled power supplies for other applications, but once you start heading for 4 amps plus, theres not much on the scrap heap that uses that sort of power.. about the only thing that I can think of would be a big old home-stereo type amplifier.. They quite often have some nice big toroidal transformers, diodes and big filtering caps in them..

If you cant swing a second hand source of power parts, then either hunt around E-Bay, look for one of those surplus power supplies some of the americans sometimes find, or else pony up the cash and go shopping for the big bits you need. If anyone wants to go this route, let me know and I'll post some info on the regulator and filter design I used in my 25 amp supply.

Post Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:05 am 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

looking to sell that omni charger, a hawker SBS15 battery, 2.5A car charger all in the one package,

want to buy a decent charger on account of the omnis crappy 12v charge. works good for anything less than 9.6v....

only want to sell the items all at the same time... $70-80 or so...

Post Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:48 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

You could make 6v packs and charge them fast on the Omni Razz

Post Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:18 pm 
original_carnage
Experienced Roboteer

since everyone else is flogging their favourite supplier here Wink , I just thought I'd mention an internet address for probably the least expensive hobby shop in Australia...

http://www.users.bigpond.com/wingsoverthedowns/

yes it is the place I "work" at, but seriously check the prices, then compare to OS suppliers such as Tower..... (don't forget to include freight for international shipping from OS)

the site can suck a bit so email the shop for an Aussie price on what you are chasing...

Embarassed is that enough of an ad?

Last edited by original_carnage on Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:38 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

I couldn't find individual items that you sell. Could you please tell me if you sell water proof speed controllers? I am looking for two for Alex's boat and a couple of other guys also want some. They only need low amps but must have both forwards and reverse. Thanks

Post Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:15 pm