www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

1kg robots - Hellfire Labs - Qld
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author    Thread
Knightrous
Site Admin

Can Opener (Kilkivan Antweight) has a CD rom motor on 9v with a single 20mb HDD platter for a disc and it was pretty mean, until the super glue broke and the motor broke off Very Happy

Post Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:58 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

With the arrival of some new Battlepacks to play with we also got some new bits and peices for the antweights. Micro-Aggressor is now running around with its weapon going, but still has a belt problem because the nuts on the axial undo thenseleves while the disc spins. I'll just turn the axail around so they'll do themselves up instead.
Anyway heres a video.
http://www.abbl.org/~hellfire/microa.WMV

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

After looking at what the NSW people are doing with beetleweights I decieded to pull out my overweight antweight. I have not touched it since it was "touched" by my brothers ant and had one wheel torn off and the output shaft of a Jaycar gearbox bent. Since then I have been looking for replacement gearboxes to rebuild the robot to fit in a 1kg weight class (I don't like working in pounds). Since I have lost faith in the robot market place lately I didn't look there but thought of ordering some motors from Lynxmotion but they where going to charge $75 US postage for $20 worth of motors so I told them to get stuffed. Instead I ordered a couple of motors, gearboxes and wheels from http://www.solarbotics.com for what turns out to be around $15 a set. So I started work on what I have now called Firemoth (named after the Clans light scout Battlemech).
It is made from 40mmx40mmx1.4mm ali braket that is pop-rivited together and has the motors/pneumatics doublesided taped/cable-tied into place. The Scorpion controller, micro receiver and two 4.8V 300mAh NiCAD packs ($1 ea from solarbotics Very Happy ) taped and cable-tied onto a piece of cardboard which makes up the base plate of the robot. Total weight: a little less than 700g.
Here is a photo: http://robowars.org/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=999

Post Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:49 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Sweet bot! looks like a mini toro lol. Smile
Could you take a photo of the internals please? It would help me alot to see how you've layed them out. How does the pnumatic system work? Smile Also, how did you get your batteries for one buck each?! I'm lucky to pick up some phone batteries for $5! Sad

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:38 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

The pneumatics I have had for about half a year now and was purchased as a kit from the RMP. I use the largest ram, two of the lagest tanks and a high flow valve. I have recently done the math and I am now considering changing to a smaller bore ram to increase actuation time (flow rate is good). As for the batteries that was explained in the last post.

Post Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:19 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Ah ok cool! I though you might have made up a system or something and yeah i checked out that site and the batteries are 50c american ea which is pretty amazing compared to aussie pricing. Smile

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:24 pm