12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Author    Thread
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

Marayong 7 Melee winner

Hi all,

There was no official winner announced for the final melee, so I propose we go the the video judges for a decision. Have a look over the video below and make your choice.

The main contenders are Plan B and Basilisk since they were running at the end. I added an 'Other' option in case I missed something.

Personally, and not taking anything away from Jake and the others, I think Basilisk won, based on KOing Robort and Cobra, plus ripping up Sorry. For the interstate voters who didn't see the aftermath, Plan B scraped Basilisk's antenna and took a chunk out of a front corner, while Basilisk broke a screw in Plan B's top cover.

High quality (17.1Mb) http://203.221.217.82/melee_H.wmv

Low quality (4.23Mb) http://203.221.217.82/melee_l.wmv

Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:30 am 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

i would more than go for basilisk,

just one question is unanswered though. jake mentioned that plan b hit basilisks power pole and disabled the power??

Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:59 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

Nah, Plan B scraped the Deens antenna but didn't cut the wire. It reduced the radio range but fortunately Basilisk was right at the front of the arena at the time. The steering became jerky but I was still moving at the end.

Did anyone get an alternate camera angle? I would love to see what went on in the corners...

Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:24 am 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

we were still as capiblle as we were at the start of the day ;-P
perhaps more so thanks to jeff for that 150A fet ;->

Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:10 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

I don't think either Plan B or Basilisk took much more than cosmetic damage in the melee and then only from each other. With El Bravo out, we just got shoved about a bit by the others. With a battery recharge, we would both have been good to go again Smile

Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:16 am 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

I don't think either Plan B or Basilisk took much more than cosmetic damage in the melee and then only from each other. With El Bravo out, we just got shoved about a bit by the others. With a battery recharge, we would both have been good to go again Smile

Looking over the video, Singularity was KOed by Cobra, who also took the fight to both Basilisk and Plan B.

I believe Basilisk technically KOed Sorry, as Sorry was only able drive around on the spot in a small circle for over 30 seconds after Basilisk's final hit.

The final meeting between Plan B and Basilisk is off camera, but both our batteries are running low and not much except pushing went on. That's where my aerial was damaged.

Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:51 am 
Giant Robo
Experienced Roboteer

Chris has already posted the points update so I guess he counted who he thought, or he was told someones opinion of who got the three points for that ??? We will have to wait to see what Chris` understanding was.

I have all the fight from the other corner and after several viewings I`d have to go with Plan B.

Nick, if you would like to PM me your address, I will drop the DVs over to your place and you can post the video from the other angle and use the other footage for editing if you want to.

I`ll copy the tape over to VHS and post that to Chris who has been asking me for tapes for a while. I`ll try make a couple of VHS tapes so we can share them around here whoever wants to have a look at all my raw footage.

Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:02 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

Thanks Jeff,

I can transfer all your footage to AVI files and put them on CDs for distribution - perhaps Bort & Prong can add their own footage as well.

Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:33 pm 
chrisjon65
Experienced Roboteer

Very Happy well i do apoligise for jumping the gun as far as the melee went ....judging ,i look at it this way .......there was bits of sorry unrecognisable this morning and i gotta say that happened after i was silly enough to accidentally enter the melee again and took a direct hit from basilisk ,but technically i was already out for 30sec ...so its a big call ,as for the fact that you both were still mobile at the end and the mellee is only worth 2 points im happy to award a draw and you both get 1 point each as has happened in the past Very Happy

Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:28 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

Well that's one point closer than I was to Sorry, so I'm happy with that. Now stand by for the Industrial light & Magic version of the melee clip, where Basilisk is 10 feet tall and lazers all the other bots (just kidding Laughing )

Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:09 pm