www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Off-Topic

Apple hides behinds its Lawyers *again*

Author    Thread
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Apple hides behinds its Lawyers *again*

Normally, I just laugh and shake my head at these things, but Im in a chatty mood at the moment and feel like stirring the Fanboi's Smile

I have been reading that Apple is trying to stop the new Samsung Galaxy S3 from going on sale in the USA based on more dodgy software patent claims..
http://www.google.com/search?q=apple+samsung+galaxy+s3+patent

*Really* Rolling Eyes, Can this bunch of clowns get any more pathethic..?

First they try to claim ownership of the image of a black box with rounded corners, Only to get laughed out of court when Samsung showed some old Star Trek Episodes

Now they're trying to stop their competitors releasing a clearly superior product (screen, battery life, power, features) to their own by picking on some obscure methods of program functions/objects talking to each other (Unified search and links to data structures) as justification (Like 99.99% of phone users would even know what that means) to hide their hardware deficiencies.

Whats next apple? , going to try the patent on the Blinking XOR Cursor trick ?
http://www.google.com/search?&q=U.S.+Patent+4,197,590

If I owned any Apple product at the moment, I'd be keeping real quiet about, and hanging my head in shame, they are just making themselves look like Prime Asshats to the world time and time again these days.

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:41 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Knightrous
Site Admin

*Owns 5 apple products*

This shit happens all the time, Google, Samsung, Oracle, Microsoft, Apple, AMD, Intel, Facebook, Yahoo, and pretty much any other big businesses with a couple of patents under their belt all do this. If your needing a whinge on this kind of topic, talk about the current shit patent system we have that allows these kind of behavior to happen in the first place Smile

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:30 am 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Nah, Im not "mad"..

just kinda sad and dissapointed that a company that portrays itself as a snow-white bunch of "creative innovators" repeatedly resorts to such lowlife skulduggery tactics to try and get a competitive edge for its over-marketed fashion-gadgets

and I completely agree that is the fault of the present steaming pile of "patent laws" that breeds such swarms of litigation-happy lawyers... and that it is standard business practice to use whatever tactics you can get away with to get ahead of your competitors..

MS is probably even more guilty of such behaviour, and all the other big-biz's (Oracle with Java, Facebook, AMD etc) are indeeed equally likely to indulge in such operations

But just because politicians behave like squabbling children in "parliament" and Monkeys throw shit at each other in a fight, (it all being much the same behaviour), doesnt mean I cant shake my head sadly about it.

Apple just got some Ire, because they're doing it *again*, when the stink from the last round of turd-flinging hasnt even settled yet. They even got smacked down by a judge last time for "trying to abuse the legal system as a competitive business tactic"

Ah well, I was feeling chatty last night, this morning Im resigned to it Rolling Eyes

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:34 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

Didn't the American Olympic Committee threaten to sue the Robolympics?

Just americans being americans.

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:52 am