www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

TSE-Team Tortured Souls-NSW
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Author    Thread
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

hey wayde, if you want to come over some day and raid my materials bin you more than welcome. ive got a pretty big collection of crap these days lol.

but around my place there is about 3x little private hardware shops that sell ali extrusions and lexan etc really cheap. cheap enough for me even! (and i will never lower myself to spending over $20 in a single hit Smile )

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Waddy the phoenix

ok well what are you doing sunday?

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:52 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

nothing.

Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:51 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Waddy the phoenix

ok well i could come over then

Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:44 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

yeah that would be kewl. say 12 or thereafter.

but now for some constructive opinion.

seeing as though centerlink are being a bunch of cheap asses lol i think you chances of building a whole new bot are slim.

my proposal - we do up TSE again. no sweat will 2 extra drills fit in the front and a single 7ah or two 2.3ah batteries could be used in there.

the armour looked in fine shape so we can salvage that. use bolts this time instead of screws and hinges and the frame we can use 25x25x3 L bracket with more bracing in it.

??

Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:08 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Just take the panels over to Nikes and get the mig welded together and forget the flimsy Aluminium angle chassis.

Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:33 pm 
chrisjon65
Experienced Roboteer

go to MARAYONG 9 thread for sollution

Post Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:26 am 
Waddy the phoenix

ahhh sucefulls on grabbing some armor panels with jake (sorry jake about geting you mixed up with nick lol you both remind me of each other some how...) glen (say thanks to your dad for giving me a lift home now idea how i woulda gotten my share home with my bike unless i done what you sugested and bolt it onto my bike lol) and myself (no comment is needed because im here and i can tell my self what ever comment i want lol)

any way the only thing i need need need to do now is make the frame and everything else will attach easly whoot will need more lexan tho i can see it

oh and thanks glen for showing me how to make cuts in rhino. in all seriousness i dident know how lol Embarassed

Post Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:02 am 
Waddy the phoenix

whoot ok well could who ever can deleet the TSE bit on this thread

Post Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:31 pm 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

eh nvm
i'm forever calling chris brett and vice versa

Post Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Waddy the phoenix

ok guys i have come to the conclusion that school isnt doing it for me and im failing at it at the moment so what i have done is left since last friday. this meens 2 things i need a job and i need to get off my butt and get tsng done and yesterday well the first one is done i will be working with christine (mums girlfriend) for about $500 a week but at the moment i cant start so i go in every few days to get used to the job and get 50$ a day or there abouts this meens that once i finish training and start getting in my cash then i wont have to be relying so heavely on others to get my bots done which meens i will get bots done quicker. but any way on to tsng's news:

tomorow im going in to the bank to pull out/transfer teh money for jakes wheels i will also be getting the money out to get my plane ticket down for robowars 2 T W i will also go and get the metal square section needed (if i can find a mob local that will do it for me cheap) to get tsng's frame done. then i will be measureing cutting and prepareing it to be welded up at chris's work. also chris if you see this before i give you a call is it alright to come up on fri to weld it up? once that is done i will be getting out some more money to get another set of mounts off nick (will get final specs for them after) then i will also get more money for the armor which i hope i can get 10mm lexan for. then some decals and she will be done but the most inportant is the frame at the moment cause i can always reuse some bits and peices i have at the moment.

and thats my report of whats happening Laughing

Post Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:36 pm 
andrew

sounds good waddle.
One thing i would suggest is batteries. U have not said what u plan to use. Since u plan on using 4 drills motors then what r u thinking. 24 volts or 12 volts.

24 volts- faster drive but if 2 motors r stalled or more u can blow a drill motor and/or just from running the IBC would get warm.

12 volts- STill quite a powerful drive system more than enough to push pees around and such but less chance of a blown speed controller.

Post Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:24 am 
Waddy the phoenix

im going to fiddle around with things like that after cause at the moment i have to get it running with about 2 weeks till the event i have to realy pull my finger out

Post Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:48 am 
Waddy the phoenix

ok well i got 2 things done today

1: got the wheels paid for
2: got my plane tickets for rw2 i leave 6:30am arive 8am then leave melbourn 3pm get back to syd at about 4:20pm so yeah leave syd on the 17 and come back on the 20th

oh and i also walked around for about 2 hours for the rhs to no avail so it looks like im going to be out at st marys on friday looking for it.

(i came so close to getting it but then they said that i couldent buy it not even for double the price and eventhough it was an off cut they were going to throw out. and all because they dont sell to the public damn asses they were real prats Evil or Very Mad )

Post Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:23 pm 
ffej
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Originally posted by Waddy the phoenix:
im going to fiddle around with things like that after cause at the moment i have to get it running with about 2 weeks till the event i have to realy pull my finger out

Two weeks . . . tons of time . . . most of my bots have been built in under 2 days . . . with the majority of the work getting done in the early hours (often late hours . . .) of the event day morning . . . Hell, the first time the last 2 versions had even been driven was in there first fights . . .

ffej.net

Post Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger