www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

House of Carnage Season 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Author    Thread
marto
Experienced Roboteer

What like last time with the winner and loser sides of the draw?

If you want to cus it doesn't really bother me

Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:18 am 
marto
Experienced Roboteer

Is everyone right for a 9:30 start. With arival by about 9:00.

Do you think we should make one box drivers and the other anyone who is watching.

Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:26 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

It might be a bit hard if there are two people in one box and twenty in the other.

I like the idea of a losers fight. Marauder will get two fights.

Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:39 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Probaly best to leave it up to the drivers where they want to drive from i found that the bench in the far side was better for me and the kids other wise we couldnt see the bot most of the time because of the height of the wall. Very Happy also les radio interferance is generated if the transmiters are seperated

Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:36 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

not to mention you can cuss the other driver out in secret if your in two seperate boxes Razz

Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:39 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

Well my brother and I still managed to throw abuse at each other before the fight when we were in different boxes.

And a double elimanator still means everyone gets 2 fights minimun. I show you tommorrow.

If people want video's can you please message me your e-mail address.

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
original_carnage
Experienced Roboteer

nothing wrong with shouting a bit of "friendly" abuse.... between any competitors or brothers...
Very Happy
we probably won't have as many spectators as last time too.

Is your brother making another DVD Marto ? (what is his name again ?)

Last edited by original_carnage on Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:36 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

I'd like to see some videos thanks kkeerroo. My address is knightrousoxide AT gmail DOT com.

Good luck everyone, I hope you all enjoy the day! Go Cheeze Shredder and Vertical Limits! Bring home another trophy!

Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:38 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

Glen.M.Rose AT gmail DOT com is mine, lookin foward to it Smile

Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:32 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
andrew

sir_welchalot@hotmail.com if possible, thanks.

Good luck tomorrow peeps. Cant wait to see how PQ goes, whould be funky.

Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:24 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

Well Scarifier won the compitition, but Prancing Queen was deffently the robot to remember. This is how we ended doing today.
Scarifier
Its first fight was against Heamorrhage and I managed to get the claw around him 3 times, but every time it wouldn't lift because there was too much weight up front and Scarifier ended up turning over. I ended up snaping a weld at the top of the claw and it fell off. The fight went to the judges and I won.
The second fight was with Marauder. I removed the top claw completly and used some wire attach to the bottom arm to use it as a straight lifter. I didn't want to attack Marauder from the front so I tried to drive around behind, but Philip just sat in the center of the arena and kept turning to face me. We spent about a minute with Scarifier driving in circles around Marauder. I then managed to get behind Marauder and tried the lifter, which worked, but lifted my drive wheels off the ground. So more driving in circles, but with some wedging. I won.
The third fight was with Vertical Limits. I charged straight in and Verti removed the wire holding the lifter together, so I just kept wedging him into the walls. The steel lifter arm is extremly beaten up and with me pounding it with a sledge hammer I couldn't straighten it, but the polycarb is fine. Go the plastic robots. I win.
The final was with Haemorrhage again. This time the lifter was just hammered into a wedge and I just kept heading toward Haemorrhage. It didn't last long before Haemorrhage stopped and I was given the win.

Prancing Queen
First fight against Cheese Shredder. With a fully charged battery and everything working fine this was always going to be interesting. I started off buy moving her away from the edge of the arena and getting her dancing. After stumbling a bit she made contact with the Cheese with a nice bang. She picked up pace a bit and had another go but after hitting she fell over. I started her up to see if she would stand up again when the weapon solenoid welded closed and she started thrashing around on the ground. It took a minute for the batteries to run down but the link had melted and I had to rip the whole thing out. It took half an hour for the EV to stop smoking. But she won the fight due to the fact that cheese had stopped also.
She spent the rest of the day not dancing but walking around to first lose to Vertical Limits, beat Cheese Shredder again (I don't know how?) and then losing to Haemorage. Not bad for an American Blonde.

"Getting dressed is fun!!"

Post Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

The Keros being the first to post after a meet. How novel.

Nick was all set up from the get go. Power cords were laid on and the arena was swept and ready to go. Drinks provided lunch served.

Marauder sucked today. There must be an electrical fault or something because the batteries are dieing way too quickly.

Alex managed to get the tip of Marauder's flipper arm under Beat Boxer and flip it. Marauder needs to get right under to give a good flip. The impact of the flipper shattered Marauder's base plate. This caused the wheels to lose contact with the ground.

Andrew Aidulis was, as always, quick to offer help to all. Andrew Kero's PQ was funny in a disturbing way. Daniel Kero deserved his win. He drove well against some very good bots. A good stratergy well exicuted. Steve Marto put in a big effort to get his team's bots into the arena.

All in all a good day even if the bots seemed to have more problems than usual.

Post Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:57 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Hi All .
I just wanted to say that we had a terific day .
A big thanks to Nick and his wife for haveing us all around at his place again and for haveing every thing organised .

I think every one apreciated the lunch and all the effort they put in on the day ..Nick definatly needs to build a robot and learn how to drive one of these fidegety beastys lol but i guese throwing a controler in his hand and telling him he is driveing it with about one minutes practice wasnt realy fair on my part lol But i think he enjoyed it .

Philip's bot still needs a bit of work so it can actualy drive around but once he gets that sorted out it is definatly a robot to fear.......

The kkeerroos new spinning ballerina thing packed a lot more of a punch that i expected it to and every one couldnt stop giggleing about all the remarks it was makeing after experiancing a few near death blows from hair tearing spinners .I Probaly need my ears cleaned out but i could have sworn it kept asking to be undresed . With all the giggleing going on in the kerros camp mabee it was lol ., I wil be a bit more wary of their creations form now on .( Especialy iff they are dizzy blondes) Laughing

I was realy pleased about the performance of Heamorage after its repairs .Its just a pity i got lazy and didn't check to see why it cut out dureing a self rightig test and then restarted or i would have picked up that the battery lead had come lose and would have had more of a fighting chance in the final battle .

Vertical limits went well all day until it suffered a lose wheel but as time was runing out for a rematch becuse of a tie situation i didnt atempt to repair it so it was out and the win went to the Keerroos .

The cheese has got its angle grinder shaft bent so it is in need of repairs as well.
It pushed the dizzy blonde all over the place and bounced her of the walls ect so i was just as confused as the kerroos when she was anounced the winner .. i think the judges just fell in love with it and dint notice that she wasnt danceing on her own Very Happy .

T2m went into the rumble at the end of the day with two different types of speed controlers in it. One with servo switching and the other with relays ,so it was basicly just stumbling around the arena at top speed with not much driver control as one controler was switching faster then the other and had a lot more power. It managed to get its caster frame torn of as i dint get around to welding it on where the welds had started to tear off either .

Heamorage made up for loseing the final by keeping going for the whole rumblle its bar must have got knocked loose at one point as i mainly used the lifter but when i decided to turn the blade on it just did a smal turn and fell off onto the floor lol so i just kept pushing and lifting every one around until no one else was moveing and then one of the self righting cables broke and jambed just as the horn blew to finish the match .
Every one elses bots had a good atempt at winning and its good to see the younger builders geting in and haveing a go .

All in all it was a great day and i am debateing on when to hold another event here as well and mabe give Nick a break from hosting i will keep every one posted about it .

Post Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:13 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

The current Queensland score sheet.

http://www.hellfire-labs.s5.com/qld05rank.htm

Post Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:43 pm 
marto
Experienced Roboteer

Great day everyone.

The next event is round 2 ............april 24 so hope to see you all there.

I really need to improve my scores.

Post Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:13 pm