Maestro~Rotwang~vic
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author    Thread
DumHed
Experienced Roboteer

compared to mine that is gold!

It'll be good to see it going Smile

Post Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Rob Team Rotwang

Were going for gold mate Wink In the light weight fights that is.
Bender got painted gold aswell, but thats only left over from Maestro Bender cost around 150(minus electronix batteries)...

Post Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:40 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Eeek, I dont have a trophy or anything gold for the lightweights.. Sad

I'd like to encourage them more, but the feather class keeps me busy as it is. How about racing for pink-slips ? No ? Wink

Should I look the other way if anyone wants to hold any unofficial bookie system.. ? Cool

Post Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rob Team Rotwang

Bookie system? ok $300 on ReBoot to win Wink

We havent tested Maestro, not even gaim to turn him on since there isnt any time to fix him if he blows up. Well just put him in the arena and hope for the best, then Ill get my first driving practice probubly while fighting Kerro or George, hope george dosent scratch the paint Laughing

Post Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:56 pm 
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

Very happy with Maestro’s performance, I was watching the crowd when he first came out and it was a real wow look at that type vibe. Very Happy

Matt had never driven him before, no one had really, I had just powered him up on the bench and run him back and forth a foot or so in my chaotically crowded work space.
I had damager an IBC [or 2] Embarassed free revving him with no wheels and no caps on the motors and perhaps a bit too much voltage or maybe glitching from the radio so I substituted Minimower’s radio in as well and left it there, so a different IBC got put in without the video card heat sink and fan I had intended running. Sad

That resulted in the totally predictable blown fets situation just as Matt was getting the hang of the driving situation and working out his brake dancing routine.
For the future a fan cooled IBC as I had fitted to Rat and Arena sweeper might do the job but Jason has kindly agreed to make up an IBC with twice the fets mounted in a remote brick, that should fix it so he can go flat out, we were going to double up on the suppression diodes too just as insurance as he is the first bot to blow any of them.

Oh couple of other thoughts; when I swap Minimower radio in it was only for a test, I didn’t check the channels and they were naturally wrong so that made it that little bit harder to drive Sorry Matt.
And it would have been nice to fight King Pin or Loki but early days for the Lightweight class,

So next time Speed bump watch out, enjoy your time as Australian champ lightweight all 8 kg of you were out to get you. Smile

Post Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:34 am 
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

Maestros trip to Brisbane went reasonably well; Matt had some fun with him in some filler matches.
One of his drives was starting to slip a bit towards the end of the event and we were concentrating on our Featherweights and somehow the fight between Hellcat and Maestro didn’t happen. Confused

Hellcat had beaten the Frag Rat cluster in an earlier match when Rat’s radio stoped working and Frag sheered the woodruff key in its gear motor driving its hammer. Sad

It would seem that getting 2 Lightweights into the ring at the same time is more difficult than it might seem.
Personally I like the Lightweight class and I am a bit surprised that there aren’t more of them. After all you get to drive 2 bots at an event this way. Smile

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:25 pm 
andrew

Damn straight, come next january i hope to have a lightweight for u to play with, depends if rs80d can be rescued or not.

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:03 pm 
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

Maestro is together and working for the first time since the last big Robowars event, his IBC was robed for Weasel and his Sidewinder has finally arrived and is finally installed. Very Happy

Once again it is the regen feature to get over the problems associated with running the 250 gear motors that necessitated this.

So hopefully he will be a bit more reliable for the Battelshed Light weight comp.

Of cores this means I can up the Voltage.

Post Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:59 am 
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

Finally got Maestro going again after PhailBot clobbered him at the Battelshed Lightweight comp.

One new wheel, 2 new tires, various internal drive parts and a very bent shell later he is going again. Smile

Left the IBC in as at least I have some hope of getting them repaired and the IBC has been reliable apart from the first time before the fan was fitted.

The Sidewinder is probably fine but it cost too much time and money when if blew and I need to work up to trusting it again.

Will possibly use it in Weasel for the next Battelshed Lightweight comp.

Post Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:23 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

good to see it back again Surprised hopefully with the rules abit more "realistic" with regards to spinners it should be pretty fun and we can all get out there and try out some more wacky designs Very Happy

Post Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger