www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

PYTHON-NSW-Team Scrambled

Author    Thread
Waddy the phoenix

PYTHON-NSW-Team Scrambled

(team name change Razz)

ok we all saw Python at maryong aka waddy for some ungodly known reason i dident realy get much of a say in the name i wanted to call it F.A.G.Y- F*&$ing Anti Going Yobbo-Mobile
(found what the abbreviation stood for Razz)

but any way it is named Python on account it looks like an anti armored version of cobra with no arm Razz

Post Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:25 pm 
Waddy the phoenix

Re: PYTHON-NSW-Team Scrambled

quote:
Originally posted by Waddy the phoenix:
i wanted to call it F.A.G.Y- F*&$ing Anti Going Yobbo-Mobile
(found what the abbreviation stood for Razz)

WOW.... WTF was i on.... and its hard for me to believe that Python has stayed the exact same way that is is for a few months shy of 2 years :S

any way coming out of the wood work i have pulled out my robot case and have decided (after getting my car up and running again: mission accomplished there Razz) that im gonna finally get python's mod "Pytike" back into gear production

currently im working on cads as we speek (at work so the going is slow) but its going...

the pytike mod is a halfway point between python and nike and in the future once im ready and have everything ready to go python will become back to python (with a new weopon most likely modular) and nike will be formed in full Smile

Post Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:12 pm 
Waddy the phoenix

lots of progress on the test drum (will likely become nikes drum) while i havent managed to get my computer up and running to get the mesurements for nick to do the mill work,

i will get some photos when i get home from work but as it sits, i gave mark (one of my mates who is building a robot himself but seems to be doing it completely in secret lol) the larger drum, stainless shaft, the ali to make the endcaps/bearing mounts and the bearings. what he gave me back yesterday consisted of the drum being completely machined and smoothed out, both ends been re-faced and slightly shortened to give better balance, the internal section of the drum has been machined down by about half a mm at both ends by about 40mm to give the bearing blocks/endcaps a better groove to reside in, i also got the bearing blocks/endcaps that perfectly fit in the drum to the point of when im pulling the endcaps out there is a suction pop when you get it all the way out, the mounts have been machined and faced, one mount is better than the other though in the fact that when he cooled the bearing and heated the block to press fit the bearings in, he forgot to heat one of them so when the bearing was pressed into that block as it returned to room tempreture it started to press too firmly and so the bearing has become stiff and its too tight in it to pull out but thats no big problem i have another 8 bearings around so i will likely get a few more peices of ali and get him to make me up 3 new ones (two for the smaller drum one replacement for the tight one)

the larger drum is about 2.5kg give or take a bit (no scales to find out how much it weighs) but progress none the less

Post Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:16 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Pics or BAN Waddy Razz

Post Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:34 pm 
Waddy the phoenix

LOL phone ran out of credit the message before i was about to send them to my email.... its a shame i dont have a digi cam or a data transfer cable for my phone... lol will get them tomorow Smile

Post Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:38 pm