www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> State Specific Information

2005 Victorian Season - Round 1 - 19th March event
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Author    Thread
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

Its quiet, way too quiet.
Can we have some results please. I'm really wanting to update my tables.

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:05 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

*tumbleweed rolls by...*

i reckon hellraiser won it.

Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:30 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

no but i got threw about 5-6 fights

First fight was reboot and it made a real mess of my saw it peeled the top plate right back and sheared off the bracket bolts Shocked allso a wire came off making me loose the laft hand drive and i lost Confused

But i fixed it all up and it works for the rest of the event Razz

second fight i think i got a pass so i didnt have to fight whichever bot that was "i forget" and third fight was the evil doomfull wedge that is matts bot "forget name allso lol" and fourth fight was the unplanned project which i made a mess of the castor wheels and base plate and some gashes in the mdf side armor Laughing and i won both of those fights.

Last fight was against scoopy and i was feeling pretty confident with my 3mm ali top plate and pushing power and it was going ok untill the antenna got cut off and i got stuck on scoopys wedge and mel was cutting right into my top plate and i was pinned down for more then 30 secs so we had a seperate and while scoopy was being picked up and put down one of its wheels fel out and scoopy could only go around in circles and if i had of had my antenna it wouild have been myn Evil or Very Mad

But all went well and i had allot of fun and guess what NO SMOKE Laughing Laughing The 50 amp breaker didnt trip once so i will only kneed the 1 breaker for all 4 motors from now on Very Happy

Last edited by timmeh on Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:45 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

winner was?

Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

Reboot and Balistic got to the final and BALISTIC WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked

lol hope they like there walki talkys and little model car they got Laughing

Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:49 pm 
Nexus
Experienced Roboteer

Heres a crowd shot.
It was like this when we rolled up.

http://robowars.org/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=683

The first few hours we where all squeezing in somewhere.

Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:30 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

Was it such a big night that everyone is just waking up?
Can we have the full results please.

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
timmeh
Experienced Roboteer

It did go till about 11:30 and it is a hour and a half drive about for most peeps back home.

Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:28 pm 
Abregado

Hey Guys.

Thanks to all the competitors for making it such a good night. I must admit shamfully that i only just managed to get back to the comforting reality of the net myself, having gone to a 21st straight after the event!

Full results shouldnt be too far away, but can any one tell us how we can get a copy of the fotage that was taken. Im sure it will be edited and formed into yet another stunning addition to the robowars DVD collection, but i was hoping to use some of the cuts to advertise "the Junktard" and Outerlimits.

Also, i will be in Melbourne for the next two weeks and would enjoy catching up with a few of the builders separatly to discuss the event and all of your plans for the future. My number is 0409009512 for anyone who is interested.

PS. Since i dont think i got time to introduce myself to most of you, my name is Ben Buckton and i was the guy running around most of the night keeping Outerlimits running haha.

Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:13 pm 
Matt

Okok so my prize wasnt all that good is good for target practice tho, winning was good anough for me the fights i can remeber correctly are

I had six fights all up

My first fight was with Scoopydoo which went terrible for me due to my antenna not being pluged in from the start so i had pretty much no radio control what so ever, but i managed to flip scoopy in the last 30 secs with Billistic luckly that happen couse Scoopy had riped through alot of the mesh on the back of Billistic

Second fight i was against my own bro Reboot i got two flips in on him but he won nothing much else to say there :p

Third fight was against I.G now i didnt think i would win but i had got in a flip pretty earlie on I.G which gave me the advantage since I.G isnt to easy to control upside down so i manly pushed him around with the rear wedge on Ballistic into the barrels and stuff was a fun fight :p

Forth fight was against Scoopy once again this time i didnt waste any time, i managed to get around the back of Scoopy fast anough to flip it on its side, i must admit it dug a nice hole into the floor hehe

Fift fight was against Pincher even tho you didnt have great radio control george was still great of you to go out there was a fun fight

Six fight was Ballistic Vs Reboot really fun fight heh

cant wait to see the high lights, i'am really pleased with how ballistic went today i was so suprized, just a bit disapointed we couldent have a rumble Sad

Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:21 pm 
Rob Team Rotwang

Victoria Championships

In order of battle...well at least I think so anyway. Confused
Hell bent
Ballistic
Pincher
Inspector General
Ballistic

Reboot fought its way through 5 Robots to become second in the Victorian Championships. Shocked Reboot came out reasonably unscathed, some damaged Magic slides from Hell bent and Inspector General causing the drum teeth to hit the arena floor occasionally...
My drum during the day crippled my performance, since the plastic wheels shifted out of the drum and jammed up against the side axel supports.

My first win was against hell bent, I think some my magic slide went missing from this fight. Although I think I deled out more damage in this battle, I was really struggling to get spin up on my drum, it kept freezing so I turned it of and hit him with it maybe to shake things loose and then spin up again.

My Second fight against none other then my brother Matt. I won this fight because Ballistic mysteriously stopped moving… Twisted Evil

Third against George’s Puppy :p, flipped him over once from memory, the rubber armor and flexible wheels prevented me from inflicting much damage ^.-

Inspector General Semi final, definitely the robot I feared most, Reboots unreliable drum made me nervous but IG broke a drive ~phew~ and well, I won! Shocked

~long wait as losers side fought out to finals >.<

Mad BAH! Mad Fighting Ballistic again in the final, no going easy this time, I got flipped maybe 3 times, once upside down my drums fairly feeble so I waited to be flipped back over, the drum jammed up a lot this fight, seemed to get worse towards the end of the night, Matt won this round he was controlling me well. Fairs fair, Matt lost once against me and I lost once against him, although it was a double elimination, I don’t think I are offered a second chance once in Finals.

Rotwang win so all is good, great weekend, the crowd was awesome! Although I may suggest having the fight earlier so the younger kids don’t have to be up so late, there was so many people that they struggled to see the fight, after the first 30 minute break, a lot people left and the crowd was about half what it was still an impressive turn up much like the first Robowars =)

Grrreat fighting, well done all Surprised

Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:09 pm 
Rob Team Rotwang

oooooh may I add...

No broken belts, Gary supported the motors better and they won’t go out of alignment anymore!

working on a improved drum now Very Happy

quote:
lol hope they like there walki talkys and little model car they got Very Happy

+ Tim I bet your jealous that you dident get some walkie talkies~ Cool

Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:13 pm 
the moth
Experienced Roboteer

Hi all
Congratulations to all ( especially the winners ) - it was a great event - and good to see everyone beat me there ."Outer limits" did a fantastic job preparing the arena for us and although some minor things were not quite completed , they provided a great venue and arena . The crowd was fanatastic , and at one point there was people sitting on top of video game machines - simply to get a good veiw .We waivered the "entrants fee" for this round as there wasnt much warning this time , but "outer limits" provided some small prizes at the end of the night .

Full results will be available soon ( Brett has them ) . 11 robots contested the first round of the Victorian Titles , in full double elimination ( except for the grand final of course ).
They were :
Scoopy Doo
Inspector General
Arachnophobia
Pinscher
Next Project
K.O.
Reboot
Ballistic
Vincent
Hellrazer II
Formido

The Grand Final was contested by Ballistic and reboot with Ballistic winning .

I havent been able to veiw our Video footage as yet , as I had a car show to run today ( Sun) but we will compile it as soon as time allows .I belive all fights were captured on the video

Vincent was in pieces untill a hour before the event , and in tru "robo wars tradition" only made a 2 meter test drive before its first round . I have rebuilt Vincent and changed him to 4 wheel drive. Our opening round draw saw us fighting Inspector General. and our very limited testing became horrably apparent as we were immediatly belted to the "losers tree" . Our poor luck continued as we then fought Scoopy Doo being driven by a very commited and "in form" Mel . WATCH OUT for that saw - too many times Mel nearly breached the thick aluminium plate that Vincent is made from and at the end of the match we retired with many deep cuts to our armour. Scoopys saw is really buzzing and we will need to be careful of it in the future .

It was good to see pinscher get to the semi finals , and Georges heart for not retireing pinscher before his final fight as he was hurt and running under powered . I allowed pinscher to run with a "modifiaction" in his last fight that oddly resembled a empty "six pack" taped to his body and that fight with ballistic must have been a crowd favorite , with ballistic finaly throwing a empty 5 gallon drum on top of pinscher before winning .

Finally - Full credit must go to the boys at rowang , as they deserved their place in the grand final as no fights were easy .

Enjoy
Moth

Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:45 pm 
DavidM

Petrol = $20.

Smoking Johnson Motor = $30.

IG'd Bunnings Red Wheels = $8.

Second Public Arena in Victoria and Australia = Priceless.

I have to say I enjoyed the outdoor pits in the corregated iron clad laneway out the back, dodgy flouro lamps, it had a real gritty hard core feel, which I kinda liked! Gary commented that is was like the Neighbours vision of robot combat. Their going to enclose the pit arena next time, which will be good for the Victorian winter season.

It was a good showing of bots, a few of us were caught short and had not done anything to our bots since Robowars ][ and I think it showed. But still enough fights to go on into the night. IG and Scoopy were good as new, Rotwangs fleet were back in town with some mods, and pinscher was low volting the event sporting some tread as armour, the guys from NMO were way more polished than I have ever seen them.

Arachnophobia was still suffering from RF problems, but it didn't matter, the punters seemed more impressed by my robot dog and the autonomous Hero Jr meandering around the arena during half time.

I wonder if Jaycar would sponsor us with three of their vacuum cleaning robots (suitably logo'd with Jaycar all over them) for cleaning the arena between every couple of fights, I think it would look good three of them bouncing off walls and each other - ok as a melee it's not much chop, but it would be more interesting than nothing.

Anyway.

Its sidetracked for event 2 of the vic calendar in 6 weeks, it should be good, I have woken up from my sleep, time to get building! Looking forward to returning to Rye [damn close to tasmania Smile ] for event 3.

Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:00 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

quote:
Originally posted by DavidM:

IG'd Bunnings Red Wheels = $8.

:ROFL:. Twisted Evil

My event report is coming, with Photos guys. maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow night, see when I get tired.

Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:59 pm