www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

Biveinator Productions© - NSW
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Author    Thread
Dr Neo venom

Biveinator Productions© - NSW

Finaly an ozzy site that lets the builders have there own space on the forum huray.well i guess this will now be myn thanks guys i would also like to say how well design this site is and how good some of the information is. Very Happy

Any bot builder on the cenral coast or close by... Confused i realy want to know

Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:33 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

hey there, most of us are in the blacktown area, but look for some guy called big jimmy, i believe hes around the parkes area,

good to see you found us Smile

Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Waddy the phoenix

oh the wootage... just stay there cause in a few months thats the area im moveing to.

lol oh and you dont need to be sucking up Razz (you can show that by building something compeditive which realy could be anything even 2 drills straped to a broom called old maid... well maby with some armor Very Happy)

Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:51 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Great to see yet another bot builder in NSW!
By the way, there's a comp currently going in NSW up at marayong, black town. The next comp is happening on the 23rd of April, contact jeff (giant robo) for more info. The annilator is also a two day comp held at the same arena each year , and it's much bigger, with people often travelling interstate to compete.

Smile

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:25 pm 
Dr Neo venom

thanks for the welcome any way im working on a track & wheel style bot with the tamiya twin moter gearbox it's kinda small but it has a lot more balls than i thought.

Post Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:14 pm 
andrew

well if its for antweight or beetlweight ro something then cool but wont be any good in the main weight class in Australia which is featherweights (13.6 kg)

Post Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:41 pm 
Dr Neo venom

ok if i knew the basic spec on weight for aust that most people operate on then i could start to build more larger bot. Wink

Post Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:50 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

the most comonly built bots in Aus at the moment are The feather weights the legal competition weight is not any more than 13.6kgs anything under is fine Very Happy

Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:32 pm 
Waddy the phoenix

hmm has any one got a link to the rules and reg part of the old site Very Happy

Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:08 pm 
Dr Neo venom

My basic shell

5mm thick sheet of steel cut to abouts 325mm x 325mm. Set the motors in the corners using steel straps bent round along with a mounting bracket and then box them in there (100mm long X 80mm width) so that leaves 125mm long in the mid x 165mm for the ibc or esc. and thats the base plate in a nut shell. The top plate is a 5mm thick cheaker plate about 225mm x 225mm round the very top and has all 4 sides bent off it to stay at least 15mm away from all sides of the base for wheels or tracks. The top plate sits about 100mm to 113mm high from the base and is reinforced from the sides by 2 horizontal and 4 vert bars that have the far end taped for small bolts. well when its done ill photo it and post any idea's welcome

Post Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:42 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

sounds good, just weld in craploads of triangles everywhere possible, they weigh barely anything and strength goes sky high.

Post Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:25 pm 
Dr Neo venom

hey never thought of that it sounds realy good any particular motor you could metion to use im gona run 1X 9.6v 2300mAH & 1X 9.6v 750mAH with the IBC from here.

Post Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:54 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

hmmm probably not the best setup, because if you hook them in series you will only get 750mah of power which isnt enough.

and if you put them in parrallel they will probably destroy themselves,

try some SLA batteries, the nicads that come with cordless drills or some high quality nicads/nimhs if youve got the $$

motors, well you get what you pay for. my preference if i had to start over would be scooter motors, the 100w setups.

http://www.oatleyelectronics.com/motors.html

$28 for each one and they are really fast, really powerful, really reliable and they dont use alot of battery power.

and then youve got your drills, $15 each but i wouldnt go for them over the drills. harder to use and less reliable in the end really. not to mention they use a ton of power.

Post Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:04 pm 
Dr Neo venom

ok the IBC it is and heavy duty 2x 9.6v 3200mAH battery packs i made insted of the cheap pre made as for motors i will sit on that for a bit till i can find some i can get local and cheap the scooter motors sound good but i got no idea as to how to buy them form there and you can buy a drill any were even 2 mins from were i am

Post Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:28 pm 
andrew

for speed controllers i would spend i think its maybe 80 or 100 more and get the rs80 d speed controller as it has current limiting and a heap of other lovely features which stop the IBC blowing up plus it can handle much larger amps and will save u many headaches (if protcted right)

ASk Jeff F, hes had no problems with it let alone to the numerous IBC blow ups thats been had.

If i could go back in time i would definitely get a rs80 d controller over IBC

Post Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:49 pm