www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

Cheese Schreder.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author    Thread
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Still haveing clitches with control I have narrowed the problem down to a dodgy ibc we blew up a couple of years ago tht hasnt been right since .. The Cheese is now sporting two of those wheel schreding drums buried in its wedge and Stewart hounded me to put the other saw back on so its also runing the saw or a small bar i havent decided which as yet but both fit on in the weight limit i only have to wire in a second relay for switching and mabe put another 500 grams of ballast along with the other 3 kgs of ballast in the front of the wedge to stop it doing wheelis again that will leave about another 500 grams that i might use to add a bit more armour to the sides

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:50 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

The cheese is all wired up I have fited a couple of new wheels as IG gave the old ones a bit of a pounding. I have moved the bateries around for better ballance but might still need to add another 500 grms or so of ballast in the front .I might just bolt ona bit of scrap steel on the out side on top of the rubber armour .Its still running the dodgy ibc but Stewart has got used to it takeing off in the wrong direction etc so should be ok .Its just got a few little wierd quirks since it was wired up the wrong way a couple of years ago lol . The Cheese just needs some new paint and its ready to rumble .

Last edited by Totaly_Recycled on Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:01 am 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

/me loans Totaly_Recycled an f
;->

(you really shouldnt be doing that to your batteries)

Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:22 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Im hopeing to get a new hip chip and the other chips from jason to fix the problems it sometimes goes reverse when you ask it to go fowards or some times it just sits for a second or two before it decides to do any thing .. ive tried 3 different radios on it soa bad signal input froma dodgy reciever has been ruled out although i had been running a dodgy one in it at times

Last edited by Totaly_Recycled on Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:46 am 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

I couldnt under stand your post for a bit .I had to re-read it twice 'shifted the bateries " that should have read i wil fix it now .

Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:50 am 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Have done a few repairs on the cheese as it got a bit bashed around with learner drivers at Brisbane its now sporting the ibc from Sproing which seems to be ok even after sucking in flames i only had to replace the melted fan .
Its going a lot better than before as it always ended up with the glitcy ibc. It still needs some ballast on the nose as the big lead sinkeres i put in with tie wire fell out at brisbane Confused .

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:53 am 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Havent updated this one for a while The cheese had a few good flips at the last event and the 4 tiny tack welds holding it all together finaly came unstuk when Maruder gave it a big flip ..i spent 15 minuts this morning and made some 1mm thick angle brackets and pop riveted it all back together it is way stronger than it ever was now Very Happy

Post Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:04 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

This was posted on youtube:

"I've seen CheeseWedge in several other videos so far - the driver has good control over his robot compared to most people. That alone can win the match." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt-hGQduwE8#GU5U2spHI_4

Go Stu.

Post Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:29 am 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Stewart has a controler that does as its told now so his driveing of the Cheese has improved three fold Very Happy

Post Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:11 am 
Knightrous
Site Admin

How he just has to master using the drum under cutters and we'll see some people driving around with flat spotted wheels Very Happy

Cheese Wedge is one of my favourite bots to drive. Fast, manuverable and just keeps going.... I loved the battle against Marauder back at Metal Mayhem 4 when I got to drive it Cool

Post Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:40 am