Experienced Roboteer

T2M Team vertex

Robot Stats

Team name: Team Vertex

Robot name : T2M(Torque Two Me )

Team location:Kilkivan QLD

Robot weight(Class): Feather weight

Type of Robot:Twhack bot

Drive system :2x electric winch motors geared at 12to1 ?

Type/size of wheels:Dual mower wheels on each side

Wheapon/s drive system : Full body spin powered spike

Speed/motor control :Home made modified servos driveing 3 fets per side and useing relay and rotary switching for reverse.

Power:7Amp sla

Armour :3mm aluminium

Length Width Height : aprox 450 mmx aprox 600mmxaprox 200 (I need to measure it properly)

Type of radio controler : 2chanel AM

Radio frequancy:,29..?.mgz

General coments :Lots of torque for pushing but high power to weight ratio means that it spins its wheels all the time.and constantly breaks shear pins.

Unuasual charatistics: This robot can be riden by a person and can easlily push a ride on mower whist its being riden.

No, of Fights:

Wins :

Losses:

Link to picture in photo albulm:

This robot was built mainly as a test bed for the winch motors then it was also used to put the IBC through its paces when we got it .
These motors stall at aproximatly 140 amps each on 12 volts so far the IBC and my home made controlers have handled them with ease (our IBC's all have fan cooling).
Even with an adult rideing it the wheels will spin if too much power is aplied so the motors basicly never get near stalling point .
The shear pins are also protection for our Speed controler 's. If a wheel does get completly jambed on something the pins will shear before the motor gets to full stall current .

Post Thu May 19, 2005 2:51 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

T2m is ready to roll i have modified my speed controlers so both now use relay switching for reverse ..its a bit fidely geting a 0 poit on the controlers and it soe times starts to creep so the operator will ust have to have the transmiter switched of so it fail safes until the battle is ready to start Very Happy

Post Fri May 20, 2005 10:05 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Torque 2 Me Update

12v & 18v packs... which pack will depend solely how long the IBC survives... Twisted Evil

Will be mounting a 40amp thermal breaker on each drive motor and a 80mm fan onto the IBC as a further safety measure. I ran out of 8g wire for building battery packs and I couldn't find some coax to steal the braid out of, then I found my 5ft roll of "De-solder braid/wick" so the last 4 packs have been made with 3mm^2 rated solder wick Razz No idea how well it will survive, but it's better then 12g wire...

Post Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:14 pm 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

your going to take the breakers off for events right?

Post Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

then in the ultimate piece of irony the packs desolder themselves XD

Post Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

If you win the event, I claim a 10% royalty on the trophy Laughing You will find the 18V packs probably stay cooler than the 12V ones; it made a real difference to mine.

Post Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:43 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

I have my intercooled packs made 2-3 months before you did Nick Laughing You should be paying me the royalties!

Post Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:53 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

Uh-huh, you built these around 8 months ago and we see a photo just now? Confused They look a bit fresh for such old packs Razz

Post Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:12 pm 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

i think our "intercooled" pack predates all yours
though the battle bots one wins over all

Post Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:33 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

So I'm not going to get rich? Damn! Laughing

Post Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:37 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Torque 2 Me Update #2

Alrighty, update @ 1am... I picked T2M up from Andrews around 8:30pm, and stripped all the gutz out of it at Andrew's place, leaving just the motors inside.... I've now installed the 12v NiCD pack with 10mm MD-Foam top and bottom for shock absorbtion. Next I mounted the Team Whyachi 48v 500amp Super Heavyweight on/off switch, thanks for that Nick Cool NExt I made some 15mm thick Nylon wheel caps to help protect the outter duals.

I hung it on my spring scales from the shed roof... Mmmmm, ~10.5kg give or take 0.5kg. I dug through my pile of "Steel & Shat" and found a nice piece of 100 x 50 x 2 box section... mmm, looks like what Angus fed into Jolt, with airborne results...thats a keeper... dig through some more shat... pass up on the idea of added some 100 x 50 pipe to the body for armour.... w00t, the tack welded 3mm Stainless Steel front end of WindStorm..... Gotta use that.... So after a few minutes juggling, I've jimmied up a rough anti-spinner front end designed for Reboot, Orbit & of course, Jolt. Also added the sharpened stainless to the front just to wedge up that pesky Cobra with his high speed wedginess....

Roughly weighed the parts, around ~13kg give or take 0.5kg once again... I would be out there now cutting, grinding & welding, but my olds are off to a business trip tommorow and I guess they won't like it if I fire up the cut-off saw at 1am Twisted Evil

Oh well, tommorow, build the magical front end and then look at an idea I have for retreading the tyres on T2M..... Till then....

Everyone loves magical Trevor, the tricks he does are ever so clever.
Look at him now, disappearing a cow... look at it now! Where is the cow?

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:59 am 
DumHed
Experienced Roboteer

hidden right now!

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:46 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

Sounds like T2M is a real tank now - perhaps a 3 to 1 match with the spinners will put us in our place Laughing Do you really need to retread the wheels? They were the grippiest on show at the first Annhilator.

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:24 am 
prong
Experienced Roboteer

beans lotsa beans!

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:25 am 
Knightrous
Site Admin

The treads on T2M have lasted many events, being just tyre tubing, they have been chewed on many times by Cheese Wedge.. I'm looking at using some nice grippy BMX tread. Good for concrete and will allow it to take the half pipe down the skatepark easier Very Happy

I don't think it will be a real tank, just going to have some interchangeable setups for it. Still the same ole 3mm aluminium since it's construction back in 2003. Just the NiCD's and original driver should bring it back up on performance Wink

I'm going with the theory of that most spinners can't drive very well (Reboot is the exception here, Rob is a master with that thing) so I'm going to stick with the "overly exposed" wheels and focus on the "Spinner sux0r @ teh drivin, give em teh steel4ge & pwnz0r b4 they give meh wheels a pwn'n" theory Very Happy Any way, gotta go take some quick snap shots befor I fire up meh grinder and weldz0r Cool

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:53 am