www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> General Chatter

Our Roboteer Counter-Parts

Author    Thread
Knightrous
Site Admin

Our Roboteer Counter-Parts

Having not slept much lately and always thinking of robots, I got into an interesting thought of our counter part roboteers over seas. I'm pretty much just going to label a roboter from aus and the person/persons that i reckon they match overseas. Feel free to add your own!

Aus Roboteer - Overseas Roboter: Reason.

George - Mark Sentrakian: George comes up with the animation styles of Mark's work and still puts on a show even when his bot isn't going well. Also the receeding hair line matches too Very Happy

Brett - Ian Lewis: Bretts a man with many talents. IG may not be the most dangerously armed robot, but combined with his Ian Lewis like driving skills, he can become your worst nightmare!

Nick - Ed Hoppit: Likes to push the envelope in every aspect, sometimes even the budget Wink

The Kerison Bros. - The Rose Bros.: Besides that both counter parts are twins, these guys really are similar(no pun intended). The Rose family both have engineering and electrical skills by trade and so do our own Kerison's! Both teams build excellent robots!

Gary - Alan Gribble: Has more metal skills and creativity then most around! Builds robots that look visually pleasing and still makes them competative.

Mel - Lisa Winterborne: Our resident rebel woman, out to show the guys how it should be done. We've seen a few guys swallow there pride against both Mel and Lisa with their very similar robots.

Tim Forde - Dig(Sumpthing): Both Tim and Dig build their robots with the whole, simple, scrap and rust appeal. Only thing that lets them both down is there non-simplified radio gear!

Jake - Terry Ewert: If he's going to build a robot, it's got to be made entirely in his work shop from nil. Weather it's making urethane belts on the lathe or selling wheels on the side. These two always make it from billet.

Chrisjon - Toni (Bulldog Breed): Big tough guys on the outside, big kids on the inside Very Happy Both produce winning robots too.

Well that's me fresh out of people for now.... more when I think of them

Post Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:01 am 
andrew

With Chris i would say american counterpart would be Steven Felk- They look like their from the same gene pool, both have been round since the beginnings of the sport and both build and compete with very nice, competitive machines.

Also there both into carpentry and joinery business

Post Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:49 am 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

when welch had his hippy hair he was a dead ringer for dig.. but i would have to nominate him to be an ellie watts impersonator Laughing , i mean the crying after they loose is just classic (joking for the humour impaired lol)

lindsay goes hand in hand with the american team from mechwars that built the wooden flamethrower bot. it used remote doorbells for controls, was made from pine and PVC pipe and owned yu812 in a hard way. how he can make such ghetto perfect robots i still do not know Cool

Post Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Knightrous
Site Admin

quote:
Seems you have writing skills up your sleeve also, as well as being a genius with computers and a gentleman to boot.

The writing skill comes and goes.. Score an A in english for a short story, score a D for a newspaper article....

I've also come up with another two Razz

Wayde - Mike Lambert: These two have no shame.... They sleep anywhere in the pits and are always ready to crack a joke at any given moment....

Glen - Stu Barnwell: These guys stick it to the spinners. Both are build Dewalt powered rambots designed to take out the best of the spinners!

Post Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:09 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Semi On-topic...

An opportunity to quote a favourite saying I read once that I think applies to most "crazy" creative people doing wacky things..

"“Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the trouble makers. The round pegs in the square holes, the ones who see things differently.

They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them.

About the only thing you can't do is ignore them, because they change things, they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.

Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."

thought for the night.. Smile

Post Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:12 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
chrisjon65
Experienced Roboteer

Very Happy HERE,HERE.........

Post Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:21 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Tentoumushi was the robot I was refering to.

Post Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:48 pm