www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

'X' - ZaneStriker - NSW
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author    Thread
ZaneStriker

Hey guys, whoah, sure has been a long time since I've posted. Just thought you all might like to know that now that I'm back at school construction on X has once again began. I'm keeping it school now so as to avoid further "mishaps".

I'll keep you guys updated as often as I can!

-Zane Striker

Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:42 am 
Waddy the phoenix

hey zane if your looking for batteries im looking to go for a bulk battery buy with my mate and yeah your more than welcome to put in with us.

and yeah as daniel said be inventive but also look at what you have built if you dont think it can survive your little bro then chances are it wont survive the arena metal armors work true but their heavy and complicated to get into different shapes. lexan (polycarbonate) is a bit flexable so good for inventive designs the downside is it can be weak but yes daniel uses it alot in his bots and they go alright but lets not forget the incident at the 1st nsw anniolator (spelling) where nicks old version made picking up that bot was only acchievable in a dustpan. as for other ideas there is fiberglass that stuff can be strong especially when you mix in some other materials like kevlar fibers or some other materials however you need to make it realy realy thick for it to work

as for control systems there are a few methods out there like making microswitch controlers or (especially if your going to go with drills as the drive system) you can use the drill triggers to make yourself up a variable control system my personal bet is to go with a speed controler like the ibc expecially with your modular weopon system you could build it up to make changing active weopons easy just make plug and play connectors for your relay and your set there are other options out there but yeah i personally think that the ibc is a good place to start for what you need

all bots need a radio (this probably coulda gone up in the previous section but meh) for what your talking about i would suggest a 4 channel stick controler (gives you that extra channel for if you want to have reversable weopons or if you want to add a second active one other options like wheel radios can work both glen and nick use them and they get along well but again i would probably recomend something like a skysport 4ch controler for your setup

wheels if your going with them are integral with out them your an arena hazzard what i would recomend to get you up and running would be what aaron(tdt) said red wheels for drills = cheap and relativey effective other options are colsons or something closer to home might be getting jake to make you a set of his wheels i run them and i think they are damn fine there are more options out there but wheels arnt my forte

weoponsystems you have covered with your modular design if you need any help with them please dont hesitate to ask any of the experianced bot builders or myself (im working on something perticulary nasty but ... i aint tellin)

well i think that just about coveres all the essentuals (spelling again) so happy building

[/destruction guide to basic bots]

Waddy the Phoenix (though i think it should be changed to Waddy the Enigma lol)

Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:55 am