www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

ROFLChopter, Woktronix - DumBots - NSW
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author    Thread
Knightrous
Site Admin

Well my design has just started up as a way under feather weight which is designed to be lightweight and reliable. Might build two of them and make a clustor yet. Currently it's 14.4v 3000 NiMH packs and servo switching with a single plate of 3mm stainless steel on the front and perspex on the top and bottom.

I thought that since Glen has the old parts from Screwy and that Andrew here seems interested at keeping Wokatronics at the 6kg mark, we could possibly start a class where arenas don't have to require polycarb. Also, a 6kg bot is probably a good size for demos and possibly for young new comers whose parents don't want them running around with a large weapon on there bot.

Just my ideas so far. Sorry Andrew for taking up space on your Builder logs Sad

Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:26 pm 
DumHed
Experienced Roboteer

that's cool Smile

If more people build some smaller bots it could be quite good fun.

6kg is enough to pack a fair bit of power into, but still much smaller than the 12kg ones so you don't need powerful weapons to be competitive.

Woktronix will work very nicely with a few minor tweaks, and will be pretty tough against other 6kg bots. I don't think the wok would stand up to large spinning bar weapons in the 12kg class though Smile

Post Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:35 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Knightrous
Site Admin

Well I've got some quick snap shots of my little dude (www.abbl.org/~teamvertex/thwacker.jpg). I plan on taking my 6kg bot to school to hoon around with out killing people Very Happy Depending on the weight left over after the stainless, I think i could possibly squeeze in a fan powered saw, but only just(Chassis drilling time Shocked ). So is there anyone else looking at building these?

Post Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:59 pm 
andrew

Yeah right here. mine will have scraps weopon system on it.

I just am not sure yet whether i will use it as a secondary weopon on my next featherweight or not (not the vert spinner one).

Post Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:40 pm 
DumHed
Experienced Roboteer

Well, Woktronix is getting an overhaul now, with the control system being replaced by a cheap and nasty setup from a huge radio control F1 car I bought from Coles Razz
It'll probably be very interference prone, and won't have great range, but it's easy to install and means the Wok will be ready for combat at any time without hogging a radio set.
The controller is a pistol / steering wheel style unit with a simple receiver board driving relays, giving two forward speeds and one reverse, as well as steering.
I'll hook it up so that one of the forward speeds works as a trigger for the weapon, and the steering output will operate reversing relays on the motor ouputs.

The donor car will then be receiving a proper control setup, and its motor (appears to be the same as a drill motor!) will be getting a dose of overvoltage via a drill trigger speed controller for some high speed racing fun (and a video camera / transmitter Smile)

Post Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number