www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

Hellcat - Hellfire Labs - QLD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Author    Thread
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

ahh didnt see that before.
Might it be better (if possible) to put them on the inside as gussets moving them out to the edges of the arm?

Post Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

Style = NSW

Nah, that just doesn't make sense.

Post Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:56 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

I have been putting Hellcat back together over the last few weeks and given it a new paint job (the white was only an undercoat).
This weekend I set up my new MIG welder. Got it of Ebay.

Typically it arrived very late with the couriers not willing to leave it at my door without me being there to sign for it (it weighs 80kg, who's going to steal it?). It also had it's grounding lead chewed to pieces and the guy I bought it off has now disappeared so I had to make a new one. But I got some gas and wire and it's all good.
I can't believe how easy it is to use. Every weld is perfect. Before welding was always a disappointment with the little stick welder but this thing is incredible! Pity I don't have enough steel here to remake the whole chassis. I would be up all night if I did.

Now I just have to get the MIG setup for ali.

Secretary of the Queensland Robotics Sports Club inc.

Post Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marto
Experienced Roboteer

lol MIG is very easy. Arc can be just as good just requires some (by some I mean years of) practise.

Post Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:43 pm 
assassin

Very nice, price please.

Post Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:53 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

$800 for the MIG, $75 Shipping, $30 repair the damage, $40 worth of welding wire and $60 worth of Argon.
A new teflon lining for the the torch will be $60 plus maybe new rollers and things and then I can weld aluminum.

Post Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:13 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

My brother has gone to the Philippines for 2 weeks, which is why he isn't going to Battleshed. As soon as he left I started attacking Hellcat with the angle grinder. I need to remove a bit of weight as Andrew has never paid attention to this thing being overweight. I cut and welded the front of the frame so it is now more wedged shaped. This removed 500g. I also removed the base plate which gave another 500g. Now I have enough weight for gas and still 500g spare.
I also welded up a second flipper arm. This arm is a lot longer but still weighs the same. Because it is longer it might not flip as well as the smaller arm, but I have designed the longer arm to be used against spinners.
Now I just need to use the other 500g to make this thing self right.

No photos as I gave the still camera to my brother for his holiday and I can't hold the video camera and test drive the thing at the same time.

Post Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:07 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

you could take some short 20 second or so vids which would be as good a a photo lol or just video it as you walk around it then its a moveing 3d picture of the bot Very Happy

Post Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:41 pm 
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

I don't have a cable that fits from the video camera to my laptop.
I got it all back together and finished, almost. The spare arm doesn't have a linkage to the ram yet. I might use the same cable as the first arm and just switch it over if I have the time between fights. Or maybe I'll just use it as a wedge and remove the pneumatics if something goes wrong. There was also a few gas leaks which seem to have cleared up after venting the system and adjusting the regulator. I probably just turned the pressure up to far while trying to make it self right. I also still doesn't self right.
I weighted it with 11.5oz of gas in the tank and it came in at 13.74kg. So I can either leave the side panels off or only fill the tank to 6 or 8oz. My brother said it only used 3oz in the fight with T2M and that was 25 flips, so 6oz is plenty and gets it below weight.

I also blew up my brothers battery charger's power supply. I forgot that the last time it was plugged was when it was in America, so it was set to 115V. 240V caused two loud pops and flashes from the power supply but the triton beeped just before I pulled the plug out of the wall. I don't know if it still works because I don't want to touch it. Now my brother owns my charger until this one is fixed.

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:16 pm 
Fish_in_a_Barrel

that was probably just your capacitors exploding, easily fixed, and a new fuse. Though I haven't seen inside an exploded PSU so I'm just guessing Wink

Post Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:22 am 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

$20 or less buys you a PC power supply.

Post Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:25 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

I still have one charger which is all I need for Hellcat's two Li-Pol's. So I don't want a PC power supply.

It took me 5 hours to put the robot together yesterday and only 30 minutes to strip it back down for painting. I'm not worried about scratches as none of Hellcat's fights will need a judges decission.

Post Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:58 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

Been a while since I have done anything on my robots. I have been a bit distracted since going to RG what with new house, new job and new wife. But today I decided to start rebuilding Hellcat after my brother messed up down at battleshed (hint: never lend robots to idiot brothers).

To start with I striped everything from the chassis:

Then made a couple of changes:

And started laying out the new pneumatics:

Now if I don't get distracted again for a few weeks I might get something done.

Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:16 pm 
kkeerroo
Experienced Roboteer

Post Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:06 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

I like it. Nice and low, shouldn't have a problem getting under people.
I still can't help think the steel is a tad thin. Confused

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:09 pm