www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

Team Unconventional Robotics - N.S.W
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Author    Thread
andrew

Well it spins much more freely than ever before so i will test it and if nothing breaks ill stick with it. If so ill redrill 2 more wheels or get creative with something else.

Post Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:21 am 
andrew

Well i am doing everything i can on it minus the base plate and getting everything welded. I just cut out the hole for the new weopon motor mounting plate and will finish deburring the edges and shaping the outsides of it etc later today when i get home from school.

I then have to cut a spacer for it and mount the weopon motor and plate and get it tensioned against the weopon drive wheel.

Then when i can get the base plate and get it welded i could probably do a weopon test straight away since it will be set up.

Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:44 am 
andrew

Well later today i will e going to Chris's to get base and rear wedge.

Kinda funny because last night i realised i screwed up a little.

I told Chris to get 2 500mm square sheets and the width of the base is 560mm. Then i realised it is a good thing because it means that more weight is reduced and i can still fit everything in no probs so its no biggie

WIll hopefully be able to get motor mounting (weopon motor) semi finished today if not next week then its tackling the controllers which i think i destroyed through redoing it and bloing stuff up and trying to raplece things etc.

Will see anyway's

Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:10 am 
andrew

Well in the time i could i cut the base to size, layed out where things should go around abouts.

Realised today that the weopon motor/plate isnt long enough to swivel to the height i want so i will cut a lenghening triangle to bolt to it tomorrow from spare 3mm ali from cutting base up.

When i can get weopon motor mounted ill be happy.

I am also hoping by the end of this week to have drive motors mounted and countersunk the bolt holes etc for it all .

@Nick- If it isnt a problem could u weld some things for me next weekend if u r not busy. Also could u weld on some armour pieces also as i dont need to remove them and it will save me weight.

Also to do during week is to drill out some other odds and ends and cut out the wedge and the body panels (hopefuly).

Post Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:38 pm 
andrew

Well today's work was not as good as i hoped for.

I started the weopon motor mounting and the weopon motor mounting plate and getting it swiveling correctly ready for 2 L brackets and a bolt to tighten it all up. I was able finally to get it done to a extent but much more grinding and drilling is needed until i am happy with it.

Also have to bolt on the 2 L bracets and get them allighned and tighen it up and test briefly.

Other things to do during the week are (big breath):

Mount drive motors on base
cut out wedge
cut out armour pieces and such
holesaw various pieces
get weopon system tensioned and good

Thats a lot and will take ages if it keeps going like todays progess.

A huge factor will be weight. I am certain on lifting the base and weopon parts and arms that i will be overweight. On weighing each thing and calculating and such it will reach around 14kg without wedge and armour pieces so i will either have to change sla's to something else (drill nicads maybe), holesaw the heck out of it or change the weopon to having some thin steel at the rear and having scraps old saw blade system vertical at front poking out through the wedge so the opponent goes up wedge and gets pushed around but also gets his base and such sawed up good while his at it.

Post Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:48 pm 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

Go with the drill nicads!!! I am still up for the welding if you get the parts ready.

Post Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:45 pm 
andrew

dude, u have to be the coolest and nicest builder out there (on par with Chris and Jeff J). Thank u so much.

I will be going full out this week to have most of everything mocked up ready for welding for u. Is saturday alright for you?

All that needs welding is the weopon arms and some armour pieces as it saves a few 100 grams in l bracketing and such.

THanks.

Post Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:09 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Someone take some photos of it!

Post Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:15 pm 
andrew

Maybe ill get nick to get a photo of what it should look around on saturday or whenever i can get that stuff welded. It will look like a robot then.

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:57 am 
andrew

well todays progress was also lacking as i was able to do more work on getting weopon motor assembly tensioned but a problem slowed things down but with my dads help i have figured out two solutions. one will definitely work and the other 'should work'. WIll try the other one tomorrow and if it doesnt will stick with this crazy assembly or washers and a L bracket being used as a lever and a bolt to adjust it and stuff. my dad comes up with come cool and different ideas thats for sure.

So hopefully tomorrow it will be done and i can start cutting out some armour panels soon.

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:45 pm 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

Hi Andrew sounds like you are getting some good progres dont forget the fail safe this time keep up the good work Very Happy

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:31 pm 
andrew

well when i get around to it i will buy a fialsafe for the weopon but also a reciever battery indicator as i am sick of having to check it and stuff. WIll tinker with drill controllers when i get them working and see if i csn add some springs to make them centre themselves also and failsafe.

Post Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:14 am 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

!

will you freakin draw a paint picture of it or something! nobody knows what your rambling on about Razz

Post Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:51 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
andrew

You and everybody ese can wait until saturday when i get that stuff welded up (if nick can do it satuurday of course) then i we can take some pics and do some weopon tests on that prototype filled with sla's or whatever that basilisk used for testing and see if i can throw that etc.

Maybe have a video of weopons tests on the victim.

Post Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:43 am 
Nick
Experienced Roboteer

Hi Andrew, can you let me know what sort of welds we will be doing? I am guessing they are Tee joints. Its handy to know when I do some test welds to get the voltage and wire feed just right. Also, is everything 3mm or are some parts 5mm?

If you have not already cut out the parts, just mark the cuts and we can put them thru the table saw. It only takes seconds and gives a great edge for welding - If you have more than .5 to 1mm gap between the pieces to be welded, there is a good chance the weld will suck!

Post Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:59 pm