www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> General Chatter

used battery ideas

Author    Thread
Big AL
Experienced Roboteer

used battery ideas

wasnt sure bout where this should go but any one got any ideas about what to use (used) triple a batterys for?

I dont really want to throw them out as im thinking bout toying round with capaciters and seeing if i can make them explode (for robotic purposes of couse, small ultra bot comes to mind Twisted Evil ) but before i go and blow my stock of used batteys up any other use you guys can think of?
best quote ever:: "Those Gas-Turbine style warehouse heaters arent illegal, and neither is remote controlling one as far as I know."

Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:18 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Deliberately exploding a steel cylinder full of toxic cadmium (assming they're NiCd Batteries) creating flying metal fragments probably isnt the smartest thing to do, but hey I did it when I was young and stupid too.. Wink (although I only did it with watch batteries that make more of a POP than a bang).

How about buying a bunch of those ultra-low current flashing LED's that will run for years off a single cell (even when flat), and creating some form of art sculpture and call it "Das Blinkenlights" or something ?

A bit more work that just blowing them up, but you get to keep something you can be proud of more than scars, burns or blindness..

Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DumHed
Experienced Roboteer

LED throwies!

http://www.instructables.com/ex/i/7DBB34EAEDFF1028A1FC001143E7E506/?ALLSTEPS

Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number