www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

Tobor~Flaming bunnies~Victoria
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Is it impotant for a robot to be able to drive/ selfright if flipped?
Yes
87%
 87%  [ 14 ]
No
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

Author    Thread
Waddy the phoenix

hmmmm interesting idea on mounting must say i never thought of that however it will need motor suport and suport to stop it twisting how have you over come that or are you trying to figure that one out. as for controler save the money to save the pain and buy a spectrum Smile

Post Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:54 pm 
Shaunington III

O.K, good advice, but what do you mean by the motor thing, sorry, I don't know what you mean, do you mean stalling? =)

Is spectrum a brand?

Razz

2. It's unfair that if your parent's don't have kid's then chance's are you dont either.

Razz

Last edited by Shaunington III on Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:56 pm 
Waddy the phoenix

ok well from what i got from it your mounting the motor to the ali L bracket using bolts that you locked the clutch with but you dident mention anything to suport the motor so from what i gather the motor is up in the air unsuported also when you suddenly accelerate and suddenly reverse the torque would tend to twist the motor around maing it wiggle loose also with out suport to hold the motor steady the weight of the robot will cause the motors to not sit straing they sit on an angle like this / instead of l

know what i meen?
add me to msn and i can draw what i i think you got and how i think you could fix it Smile

Post Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:01 pm 
Shaunington III

OH! I know what you mean now, and the anwser is yes! =)

Razz

2. It's unfair that if your parent's don't have kid's then chance's are you dont either.

Razz

Post Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:02 pm 
Waddy the phoenix

yes to what exactally? yes its unsuported. yes its suported. yes its suported but it twists. yes i know what you meen lol that answer is more vague than mine are half the time Razz

Post Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:08 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

@Waddy: Is Shaunington III your girlfriend from Belgium Laughing You two get along really well and are very much the same Laughing

Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:37 am 
T Bag

Hehe. I don't think so some how for two reasons!
1. Shaunington III si a boy
2. He's most definetly NOT from belgium He goes 2 my School
But nice 1!
Cool thanx 4 the advice on how to make a test bot i think i have most of that stuff other than the moving parts. So in other words i have the board and will soon have the motors. Then it could be a while before i get everythign else.

Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:03 am 
Shaunington III

LOL, Laughing And yes to the drill's are sitting up in the air.

P.s: Why Belgium? Shocked Question

Razz

Razz

Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:49 pm 
Shaunington III

quote:
Originally posted by Waddy the phoenix:
Smile go to bunnings and buy 2 identical 12v drills pull the motor gear box outta them take off the chuck then go get 2 red wheels from bunnings screw them onto the shaft and get the screw from the chuck put a mud guard washer on the screw and screw it back into the drill locking the wheel in. mount the motors onto a piece of plywood that has a screw or something on the front to keep it off the ground then get your SSU (servo switching unit) and wire the motors to it then put the 2 bats from the drills on it and plug them in then get your reciever and plug your servos into your radio so they activate/dectivate your SSU then turn on your radio and drive around for a bit you will then get a feel of what your bot could be capeable of

once you have done that you can build your proper version and just transfer the electronic running gear over to your new bot and put a couple of castors on it and drive around you will get a feel for the speed of the robot when its got armor.

then you go to your local wreckers pick yourself up a fan motor a couple of pullies and a couple of belts then get your spinning mass and bolt a pully to it and then get yourself a couple of pillow blocks to mount your shaft to, mount your pillow blocks to your bot and mount your fan motor to your bot so the belt will fit between your mass pully and the pullie you mount to your motor then buy a microswitch and make up an activation switch outta it for the weopon so it gets activated by your 3rd servo. then test it and see what gyroscopic forces you get and its effect on driving get used to this and refine your bot to your likeings as time goes on replace SSU with an ESC and replace the drill bats with better ones

this is a key method to botics for n00bs

quote:
from Fast and the Furious:
you cant just jump in the ring because you think you can box

you cant skimp on testing all you will do is get dissapointed with your results

and please dont get annoied if we dont respond for a while. most of us work so we cant be on to answer every question that pops up every second Smile if you post something wait till the following morning to see if there is a post before you get antsy we may be buisy trying to solve our own delema's or we might be looking for more info for you rember

quote:
my favorite one: Patience is a virtue

cheers
wayde

My new Bible! =)

Razz

Razz

Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:53 pm 
Waddy the phoenix

Wink because thats where nathalie lives oh and btw less than 30 days till she comes out Smile

dont take it for gospel there are other things that you can learn in way more specifics but yeah

oh and aaron notice i put in the part where you keep the motor and gear box on connected and only remove the chuck? well thats to prevent any "miss interpritations" like i got from you Wink

oh and you should realy suport those motors the screws in the plastic wont take much force before they wiggle and tear out the thread in the gearbox causing your motor to plop onto the floor of your bot or onto the floor of the arena depending on how you built it a simple way to get around this for your first few tests is to get a piece of timber and put that under it but cut a slot into the timber so you can stick a "hose clamp" in the slot so it goes over your motor then just tighten the clamp up and secure the piece of timber to your frame/bot some how and if its done right you will have a nice solid mount Smile

Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:48 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

i wouldnt say that about the motor mounts. i dont use any on kang or woodzilla and it works fine. just replace the 3 screws from the gearbox with 3 from the case of the drill which have a much coarser thread. works fine.

Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Shaunington III

LOL, I hope she doesn't kill us and stuff us full of strudel! BA- DA- CH! Very Happy

And I was doin' some robo-designin' last night and i've got a kick n=but idea that I could use for my bott!

So which one does everyone like better:

3~

2~

The bar thing is a spinning weapon and the cyliner's on the top and bottom are those shopping cart spinny wheel things.

Razz

Razz

Post Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:18 pm 
Waddy the phoenix

ummm yeah the 2nd one has more potential in my oppinion but the first thing would be to use smaller castors if thats to scale if not then meh could work

Post Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:58 pm 
Shaunington III

[quote="TDT"]
But in all honesty, I would save an Extra $130-140 and buy a SpekTrum DX6 (With BR6000 RX) from the Robot Marketplace.

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/marketplace_rc_radioDX6.html
quote]

Is that AUS dollars?

Razz

Razz

Post Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:01 am 
Knightrous
Site Admin

The Spektrum DX6 is a USD$199, to buy it from the RobotMarketPlace, it's about AUD$320-$340 including shipping.

EDIT: Just did a check and conversion: it's only AUD$295.18 including shipping.

Post Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:58 am