www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

[=T Bag's Heroes-RANOS-VIC=]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Are horizontally spinning bars (like on jolt) a reasonable weapon?
yes
73%
 73%  [ 11 ]
no
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15

Author    Thread
Waddy the phoenix

test bot idea= GREAT
go for it just make sure that any ontroler if your using an ESC is pluged in the right way if your using an SSU then well you will get funky results if its not pluged in right Smile

quote:
OH and spockie tech. I thought i was doing well with my spam!!!!!!!!!
I wasn't spamming and i am using full english so whats wrong now?

so which was it you were spamming or you wernt? lol just random impatiant posts are what are realy rubbing peeps up the wrong way as brett said keep it for msn Smile i've stoped spamming except in the apropratetopic ie off topic in waddy and aarons... (cant rember the topic name now :S)

Post Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:06 am 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

The warning was actually directed at Shaunington for his silly "hurry up and reply or I kill you" post, and a few others, not you T-Bag.. I already warned you, and yes you have improved.. Wink

We're not usually hard to get along with, most of the people here are helpful and friendly - if you're willing to express yourself clearly and show some thoughtfulness to your questions, you will nearly always get useful answers from someone.

Post Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:09 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

T-bag
i actually read your posts now,
big improvement.

our first test bot was an old computer case
(revenge of the 386) it gave us a fair idea of how to do a lot of things, and also it was pretty cool to have an old computer case tearing round the road ;->

Post Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:22 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
T Bag

By computer case do you mean like an old computer tower? Even if you didn't i like the idea of that seeing as though ive got a couple a old ones kicking around. All i'd have to do is lop the top off and cut som slits in the wheels! I don't really get the whole radio control thing though waddy. Would you be able to explain in lamens terms please? I probably know but i'm a little confused. Shocked

Post Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:55 pm 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

we used an old desktop (its got 4 sides to it so its strong)

your other option is just get a peice of MDF or something

there is an mdf class but there would be nobody else doing it down that way

Post Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
T Bag

Cool.

Went down to k-mart today and bought a cordless drill to have a bit of a muck around with. I need another 8 bucks to get another one which i should get by thursday so very soon i'll have a test bot but no controller. Then things will start to slow down in the build area due to lack of funds. hehe. Oh well Cool

Post Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:14 pm 
Philip
Experienced Roboteer

Good on you. It is a good thing to actually make something. Putting a wheel onto a cordless drill is an excellent start into robots.

Post Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:09 pm 
Waddy the phoenix

ok well the SSU is a Servo Switching Unit if you want info on how to make a cheap controler (which can some times also be cheap on the control side of things) that you can build yourself thats the go basically you use microswitches or a 2 step toggle switch for the switching (the 2 stage toggle switch is neater to use but it all depends) an ESC is an Electronic Speed Controler basically you have more precision on control than an SSU and if you look into bretts IBC its cheap for what it offers (check the main page for details) or ask spockie for info on it (though the main page has everything you realy need to know about it Smile)

i have a SSU using toggle switches here if you would like i can send it to you (i dont know the status of it as its been a VERY long time since i have used it but it has the servo's attatched and everything [yes servo's are included] you just need a radio to run it Smile) basically this unit will give you tank steering which will be great to use for your test bot and you will probably take it over to the main bot at some time)

if you would like to PM me your address i will get it sent off asap for you Smile

Post Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:05 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

WOW wayde that's real nice of you! Very Happy
)T-bag... you'll have a bot running soon enough eh eh)

Talk or "pitch" your new hobby to your parents or such. If your birthday or something like that is coming up, use it as an opertunity to get a radio system. Smile That's what i did lol.
Here's my wiki article on microswitching... no images yet, no time.
http://www.robowars.org/wikka/MicroSwitching
But here's a completed micro-switch unit with servos. I used this unit recently in roadkill. If waydes thingy doesn't work out, i could sent it to you too, but i need the servos hehe Laughing

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:01 am 
T Bag

Thanx guys i'll be sure to read that article too valen

EDIT!
(read this part after next comment)
Sorry was 2 oh well general thanx 2 all!

Last edited by T Bag on Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:34 am 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

that was ajax there.

Post Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:41 am 
T Bag

just got the SSU trying to make sense of it now!
Will be on my drill by end of week
And wasnt it actually dryodiium now that i c it. Oh well thanks for the SSU wayde!

1 question though. Would it bye any chance control 2 drills wade?

Post Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:45 pm 
Shaunington III

Sorry it's a bit late (I have been busy.)
But sorry for the killing remark, it won't happen, Smile

Razz

2. It's unfair that if your parent's don't have kid's then chance's are you dont either.

Razz

Post Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:46 pm 
Waddy the phoenix

ummm not sure i know what you meen but yeah it will run 2 drills no problem you *could* run 4 but i would be very surprised if it dident blow up

basically you get the 2 wires that come off and arnd joined and attach them to the terminals on your drill motor (if your just looking to test and see how it works this is probably the best way) then you grab the 2 wires that are joined in the middle and hook one set to the positive terminal and one set to the negative terminal and then move the switch and the motor should run (if i rember the wiring properly) i did meen to make it easier for you and tape on tabs to help you decipher how to install it instead of guessing but i ran outta time in the shop (doing heel block replacements is a royal bitch to spend 4 hours on :S) but yeah if you spot me on msn spam me there i will be able to run you through it im sure of it Smile (if you grab a photo of it i can do it easier even still lol but yeah)

edit:

ok now im realy baffeled as to all the jumping and backflipping between posts but basically the ssu i sent ya works exactally the same as angus' one in the photo only there is 2 less parts cause they are packed intogether (2 switches in the one unit so 4 switches total in the twin unit confusing yet??) in anguses one the power either gets suplied in forward or reverse depending on what switch is activated so yeah same thing only instead of it activating a different switch it just basically reverses it on the same switch. i honestly cant rember the amp rating on those switches but i wouldent try and pack em with more than 18v Smile they get tempremental if i rember rightly

any way i hope that answered your question (oh and i am sorry i dident reply earlier i was kinda licking my wounds aftrer being stupid and wrecking my ankle at the build meet lol... next time let jake get the plane outta the tree with the broom lol)

cheers
wayde

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:18 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

lol yeah i posted the image to give Tbag an idea of what to expect. Should i add info tags onto it using paint? Helpful? Smile

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:37 pm