www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> The Marketplace

Team Dyrodium's Workshop Clearout
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Author    Thread
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Ey Mike, the manual said it's good for 4-6S lipo, i've run it from 12-24v without any problems. Smile

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:26 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Oook it's almost robowars and I need cash for this upgrade I’m doing! Laughing
First of all, I'm thinking of selling yamum as a complete robot, RTR.

Features:

Strong as steel parallelogram wedge design:
Lets you keep bearing down on your opponent no matter which way the robot is up, you don't even need to worry about reversing controls! The front plate is 6mm bisalloy 320, ain't a featherweight in Aus that can get through that, and they've tried! Laughing

Bulletproof Electricals:
I got tired of loosing because of broken wires so yamums wiring is the ultimate in reliability. NO dry solder joints or unreliable connectors, the IBC joins the battery and switch circuit through a ring terminal junction, which makes it easy to connect an LED to to make it legal to drive at robowars. The power switch is only accessible through a 20mm hole in the base of the robot, and cannot be accidentally switched off unless a robot literally rips the whole front end of the robot off! Shockmounting for batteries and IBC off coarse provides even more protection from damage. Deans connectors are used and have proved to be very reliable.

Powerful drive train:
Yamum gets its power, speed and maneuverability from its two 18v dse metal gearboxes, however the stock 18v motors (known for their tendency to explode) have been replaced with xu1 18v motors. These have proved to be tremendously reliable, and I have not had a single drivetrain related failure since the change. The motors are secured with thick as UHMW *clamp* mounts for further support and protection.

Awesome Grip!
Made as an experiment by Jake and Russell, yamum uses custom 80mm uthrene wheels with a super soft shore 40 tread. This grips into the floor of any arena with grip unreachable with redwheels. They have surface scuffing however have not appeared to have worn down noticeably from their original diameter. They also seem to be extremely sturdy, with no damage sustained last event against jolt, despite the proximity of his blade to them! Shocked These really are the best wheels I’ve ever used.

Reliable battery life:
Using two 9.6v 2400mah NiCad sub C battery packs to get 19.2v, this robot retains power throughout the entire match and can easily last even the longest rumble. The batteries have been well treated and never used in a spinner or high drain environment (not in the slightest abused). Yamum has four 9.6v packs, and only runs two per fight leaving the other two available for charging.

Simple as design, all with support cad!
Original frame too beaten up? Hate my welding? Laughing
The whole robot can easily be rebuilt using the cad I drew up for it. Indeed all I did was print off the parts, draw them up and grinded them out, no accuracy or much experience needed.

Underweight!
Yamum is only slightly over 10kg ready to run. Imagine what you could do with all that... Cool

The current frame is majorly beat up, however is still fully functional. If you want to complain about that, then go race RC cars or something... It has versed the majority of high end spinners in Aus after all... (Jolt, Bender, Reboot, Plan G...) Oh, it got thrown around by weasle too, more than twice its weight! Never died once.

What it includes:

Yamum's frame.

Drive motors with custom wheels + mounts.

Four 9.6v 2400mah NiCad sub C cell brick packs, to make two 19.2v packs.
Used but in perfect condition IBC (no damage, never smoked in combat or anything). In modified Jaycar case.

'Skysport' FM 4ch radio with two sets of crystals. The reciever currently has quite a shortened aerial thanks to a meeting with Bender but can be repaired easily. The radio has been modified to move one of the servo reverse switches to a toggle switch akin to a 'learner' switch. This allowed me to switch from wedge to weapon mode in snakmasheen, a seriously useful feature if you own a robot with a weapon at one end and wedge at another! Not needed in Yamum but nice to know.

Spares, lots of spare screws/bolts and a spear dse gearbox.

Also comes with a GWS MC2002 charger good for pretty much all NiMh and NiCad cells up to 14.4v (12 cells). And a modified computer powersupply to suit!

This is seriously the ultimate *get into robotics* deal, but with all that included it unfortunatley won't be as cheap as some newbies might hope... Just the IBC and Radio puts the value up over $500...
Any offers PM me, i'll leave this for a week and a bit before I consider splitting the poor bastard up into bits.. Razz

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Last edited by dyrodium on Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:17 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

you could have used a more glamourous picture Razz ill give you $5 and some pocket lint

Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Rofl I was thinkin of a more glamorous picture but then I wouldn't want to lie to people would I? Laughing
I'm weird, but I think it looks cool all beat up xD

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:25 pm 
cerberus3112

very good now try getting a job on an infomercial to earn some more money. thats what the add soundend like

Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:08 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Alrighty I seriously doubt anyones going to buy yamum in that state... oh well.
Here's everything I'll be selling then, the IBC and drives are already spoken for.

2400mah Sub C 9.6v Brick packs X 4 These cells are over $4 ea in massive bulk buys, will sell the packs for $24 ono ea. Also have four unused cells and four used ones loose.

3600mah Full C Stick (side by side) packs 8.4v X 2. Made up for suicide and used in only one event in a series of *very* short fights, cells still in very good condition with very slight surface rust (workshop near beach...). $32 ea ono.
Also have a lot of loose used cells, rusty but still good if you're on a budget.

Thingap motor, 200W or so at 12v in a stupidly small package. Bought this one off Nick hoping to use it in a beetleweight but found it melted the cells apart. It has a wierd problem in that it won't start from a certain position. This makes it useless for a drive motor but would be fine for a weapon of some kind where it could be eased into the working positions. Because of this the never used motor is $20 instead of $200 or so...

Skysport 4ch FM radio. Majorly dinged up from years of loving use, but working as well as the day I bought it. Reciever has suffered multiple antenna ripping but the reciever itself is extremely solid and works well. Radio also has a repositioned servo reverse switch (the red toggle switch) as mentioned before. Great radio, but not as great as a spektrum. Also hacked to take a 12v drill nicad battery pack so you dont need to constantly buy AA cells, but the wires can easily be desoldered. $70 ono.

Suicides weapon blades. These were made to fit the custom 7075 pulley (which I may be inclined to sell... but it won't be too cheap...) and are 6mm thick bisalloy 400. The only used one is the 60cm long middle one, and didnt even blunt much after going against steel robots. Both front ones are 60cm and rear one is 50cm long, and all are around 1.7kg ea or so. Will sell the unused ones for $20 and the used for $14. They take a 1" shaft.

Also selling various motors as mentioned previously.

Any questions let me know.

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Post Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:10 pm 
andrew

how longs the second blade, the one thats not the one u used or the one with the dorky saw teeth in it

If centre holes one inch diam im interested, am thinking maybe for raiden

Post Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:00 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

i think theyd all be a bit too big in diameter to fit Confused

Post Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:09 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Knightrous
Site Admin

How much for the urethane wheels on Ya Mum?

Post Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:46 pm 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

what are those two big motors in the back?

Post Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:04 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

The uthrene wheels are spoken for along with the rest of the drive motors. Laughing Sorry Aaron.
The two big motors are the 150W 12v ones carried by oatley. Thought they'd be usefull, aparently not. Laughing
Mebeh for lightweight though... hmm
And yeah, glens right andrew, it's 50cm long, 1" center hole. bit large!

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Post Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:15 pm 
Bort
Experienced Roboteer

If it turns out Andrew isn't interested in that back blade after all, then I'll take it. Got a good idea for it.

So i'm guessing Suicide isn't going to be resurrected?

Post Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:40 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

The current form doesn't allow for A123s by under 3mm of space, and I decided to use timing pulleys on the next design. It might get resurrected, but i'm aiming for something less self destructive for robowars. Smile
The blades are great, but I've always wanted an undercutting disk.
Twisted Evil

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Post Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:49 pm 
Bort
Experienced Roboteer

So now we start to see the evil Angus emerge. Here we were thinking he was just a shy high school kid, but really he is some sort of supervillan with desires to create atomic mutants and of world domination. Smile

Post Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:53 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

Rofl! And most of all none of you realise the dark music life I lead. Laughing
http://dyrodium.botscoop.net/ufo.mp3 Rolling Eyes I'm regressing from the happy trance songs I started with...

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Post Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:55 pm