Experienced Roboteer

Use the [img][/img] tool, copy the image url between them. Smile

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:07 pm 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

The [IMG] tag does not work with photos in the photo album unfortunately. Becuase the photo album is driven by a SQL database, the URL's dont exist until a browser asks for them.

Perhaps when phpbb3 goes release version this will be fixed. At the moment, the photo album is an add on hack.

To embed images, they need to be hosted in a location with a static URL
(ie, uploaded to some other website, or perhaps the Wiki)

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

I think everyone should register a gallery here: www.photobucket.com
You can use [img] and it means we take some strain off Bretts hosting. Very Happy [/img]

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:09 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Just use BotClips.net Cool

Post Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:14 am 
ffej
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Just use BotClips.net Cool

BotClips.net dies on the 22nd. I do however have a new server - BotScoop.net - and can give anyone who asks (nicely) their own FTP account and sub-domain for videos / pics etc.

ffej.net

Post Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:29 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Knightrous
Site Admin

Hehehe...

I'll FTP all my shat back off.

Post Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:15 am 
Spockie-Tech
Site Admin

Why the change Jeff ?

Post Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:45 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ffej
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Originally posted by Spockie-Tech:
Why the change Jeff ?

More space for the same price, I might re register the botclips.net name, but the new plan came with one free, and I had to register something else so the cut over between servers went smoothly.

This way I can give everyone who wants it an IP and sub-domain to make uploading / downloading easier - with the previous host I was limited to 30 sub-domains and four FTP accounts. Theres also 200GB of space (vs 20 previously) to play with and 1.6TB of transfer a month, both of which increase as the plan goes on.

I'm payed up for two years, so you don't have to worry about the data going anywhere for at least that long. How do people feel about using a wiki to list the events / videos / pictures ? You can use the one on the botscoop server or you can use the tech wiki we have now - Either way, I think there really needs to be a central place for all of the event data. Having videos on Youtube is all well and good, but at the end of each, we should have some sort of "Like this video ? Find more at xxxxxxxxxxx" thing. Just makes it easier for everyone. Not to mention the fact that the Youtube quality is crap. . .

So yeah, anyone who wants one PM me. Ill stop flooding your build thread now Andrew lol

ffej.net

Post Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:39 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andrew W

Time for an update Smile Been doing some work on the frame. Here is a picture of the frame with the motors, batteries and controller.
http://robowars.org/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=1344

I'm looking at mounting the wheels on 6mm aluminium on the inside of the frame and having some 3mm aluminium on the outside of the frame to make the ouside flat.
The weight is currently at around 9.5kg. I was thinking of using some 3mm steel checkerplate for the front wedge but it would take the weight up to around 11.5-12kg Sad and that doesn't even include the weapon or any side armour.
For the side armour I was considering using some chopping board and using some 1mm stainless for armour on most of the top.

Post Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:35 pm 
leo-rcc

An easy way to save weight is getting lighter batteries. These look like the batteries I used to use in my heavyweight robot, and even there i found them to heavy at 2,5 kg each.

Since you are using 2 scootermotors, you can get away with lower amp-hour SLA's, and save a lot of weight. Or go the NiCad/Nimh route, but that is more costly.

Post Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:34 pm 
Andrew W

Renamed robot to something more appropriate.
The SLA batteries I am using weigh 2.5KG, which is very close to using 20 Sanyo N3000CR batteries (which I already have). I'd prefer to put my batteries in a box, so it reduces the risk of anything shorting out, and Gary uses boxes for most if not all of his 'bots and he hasn't had any real trouble.
I am not sure if I'll be able to use anything other than SLA or possibly LiPo (possibly a 7 cell pack with cell voltage at 3.6), because the Oatley 150W motor controller may have low voltage cut out at 21.5V. I know the 350W motor controllers cut out at 21.5V because I have just bought some for my offroad bot and it has it printed on it.

Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:10 pm 
Andrew W

After the Vic builders meet I decided to do a complete rebuild. I also orderded a new speed controller from RMP a Scorpion XL and RCE200 R/C Solid State D-Switch Ver A this is alot easier and lighter than my modified scooter motor controller configuration. The Scorpion is a 2 channel speed controller and will work well with my SLAs but probably won't work very well with Nicads as the max input voltage is 28V. The D-Switch is going to allow me to control my weapon motor, both these controllers have got internal failsafe.
The new frame has an internal frame out of 6mm aluminium and an external shell (2 or 3mm steel with chopping board armour) that will be rubber mounted onto the internal frame.
I'll post up some new pics later today.

Post Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:13 am 
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

Sounds good. Don’t forget about the little link you have to cut, I had to resort to reading the instructions to work that one out. Smile

Post Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:50 am 
Andrew W

@Gary - Remembered to cut the HV link before I started Very Happy

Done some more work on the robot. Here are some new pictures
Picture of the new internal frame

The long cable tie holding the axel in is just so I can get the tension right on the belts.
I have used 6mm ali on the top then put the 3mm ali for the motor +battery mounts underneath and then another piece of 6mm ali. The frame weighs in at 1.9kg. The whole frame with batteries, motors, wheels and controller only weighs about 7.5kg.

Picture of the remote switch (RCE200A R/C Solid State D-Switch), Radio (Spektrum BR6000) and Controller (Scorpion XL)

Post Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:35 pm 
Andrew W

I was being fairly optimistic to build my first robot with an active weapon.
So I've decided to drop having an active weapon, as I don't have the time left or the equipment to make an effective spinning weapon. Crying or Very sad
I've decided to put some spikes on the front of the robot and a wedge on the back, down the track I'll probably put an active weapon in. I am also using second hand SLAs, so I don't know if they were going to be able to supply enough juice to run an active weapon for 3 minutes.

Post Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:45 pm