www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Builders Reports

Misfortune - Barton Robotics - NSW
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

Author    Thread
Daniel
Experienced Roboteer

Welding horizontal plates or even a bit of large thin walled RHS down the side of the frame would help a lot.

I'm pretty sure the bisalloy didn't get preheated before it was cut and welded. I remember the material spec sheets saying that 200 degrees works well and won't lose any strength. But without gussets it wouldn't matter much

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:43 pm 
Valen
Experienced Roboteer

it doesn't matter what you do, if you have a full energy spinner hit a bit of steel its going to bend, moral of the story is don't let it hit anything important.

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:27 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
koolaid64

well i figure here would be a good place to introduce myself

Im Kyle Singer, the guy who bought misfortune

i figured here would be a good place to give a rundown of everything that happened in the sloth fight =P

sloths bar actually cleared the wedge and most of the frame other then the hooks so i couldn't even use the wedge

the pulley got hit directly witch is what took out the beater, i did plan on supporting the front of the frame by running bolts through the frame into the pre-existing drilled and tapped holes but us it turns out they were drilled off center and when the beater rotated the bolts would rub on one side of the hole that i had drilled in the frame causing the beater to nearly seize. sense i couldn't enlarge the holes at the event i ended up having to run without

as far as damages go im out a pulley and a inrunner because the magnet broke. im thinking about using a different motor for the weapon, something with a longer shaft or easily change-able one so that way i can support it

oh ya and now that i have time i can make some wedge stops because i simply ran out of time to do so before the event

-Kyle

Post Mon May 16, 2011 11:20 am 
Jaemus
Experienced Roboteer

Welcome dude

Sounds like your having fun ironing out the little glitches, great stuff Smile

Post Mon May 16, 2011 8:52 pm