www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Off-Topic

hyperthetical Bot

Author    Thread
Big AL
Experienced Roboteer

hyperthetical Bot

I put some thought into a bot design thanks to Rotwangs newrobot being an over head thwack bot and was wondering how effective a vertical spinner in the middle of two wheels would be. To clarafie it is like Rotwangs new bot but insted of a thwack it has a vertical spinner around the midle of it that spins in backward when it moves forward.

any ideas how it would work?
best quote ever:: "Those Gas-Turbine style warehouse heaters arent illegal, and neither is remote controlling one as far as I know."

Post Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:11 pm 
Rotwang
Experienced Roboteer

If Maestro lost its axe class weapon its gas bottle body would just spin like a drum, a bit like Aarons idea for putting the motor inside the drum. Smile

The problem is making it drive. Confused

http://robowars.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=149

David’s new bot is sort of similar, It uses a reaction arm to drive itself forward and the wheels are the vertical steel discs. Cool

Post Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:56 am 
Totaly_Recycled
Experienced Roboteer

I also had a few idea s on this but what i came up with would be a fidy time consumeing feat of engenering .

Basicly it woud use one motor and two wheels side by side for each drive .The motors would have to be run through slip rings for power.

.Basicly the motor shaft would be conected to one wheel and the motor can conected to the other wheel through a reverse gear which has its shaft (s) connected to the oposite wheel so that the motor is torqueing against each wheel and each wheel is basicly fighting the other one beside it.
(Flame me here if any one doesnt think it will work as ive only done it in my head so far .)

Then the motor can is conected to a floating shaft on bearings across to the other motor can which has the same set up, the rest of the robot body is conected to the shaft.
Now geting a spinner to work in the middle of all this could be the tricky part but mabe two discs conected the same way in the center may also work .
Or just two discs spining in oposite directions the only prob with this or it may even be an advantage is that if one gets stalled the other will take off at double the speed.

The problem with the drives would be the same if one wheel came of the ground the other would spin double the speed then all the load would go back on it when it got traction .

Post Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:26 am