www.robowars.org

RoboWars Australia Forum Index -> Off-Topic

enter scores

Author    Thread
Jtepper

enter scores

hey i know there are a few guys on the forum who did vce this year, how did everyone go?

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:12 am 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

always curious about this, how do you compare VCE to the HSC? is the VCE scored out of 100 as well?

good luck anyway (well you dont need it now youve done the exams but the sentiment stands haha) Smile

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:14 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
seanet1310

completly from memory its been a few yearx
vce is a scaled score out of 100 where you are ranked against everyone else who did it that year. its effectivly a % so if u get an enter of 70. you went better then 70%. same as why the maximum is 99.95 or something like that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp8hvyjZWHs

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:14 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Collo

I ended up getting 86.50. not as high as I was hoping (92ish) but I think I got lowered in some studies because other students at school didn't do well in exams [this all makes sense if you understand the ENTER score calculations]. But meh, still gets me into my first preference, Swinburne Robotics/Computer Science Double Degree, if not robotics single.

All the best to the others who have VCE still to come Smile

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:51 pm 
seanet1310

yea that the rest not going as well was one of the many many anoying things of the enter system
86.5 is quite good congrats gl getting the course

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

86 is great! congratulations Very Happy id be surprised if anyone is ever happy with their results haha. i dont know anyone that is at least.

If you dont think thats any decent at our school we got thrown a piss up for everyone that got over 60 UAI (enter in melbourne??) and a huge total of 9 people were invited in our entire year Shocked

Sucks they rank you based on the mean performance of your school. i would have thought that would jack your score up? cause when i did mine i took all the hardest subjects and even tho i did mediocre at them got a pretty respectable UAI out of it cause everyone else did so bad Laughing

have to read up on how they work that stuff out anyway. thats a good way to whittle away a night Razz

whatd you get anyway sean? all those years ago lmao

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Collo

Nuh Glen it works the other way around. Your subject study score is found by this (simplified) method:
1) School Assests Courseworks (SAC) are tallied up and your are ranked within your year level.

2) After the exams your rank is measured with your exam mark to further rank you into other schools.

This means schools with easier SACs or more leniant markers aren't getting any benefit, but students who are higher levels then their peers are. So I may be one of the best Further Students in the state, but because my classmates aren't, my score would lower a bit. (I also made a few mistakes which is a death-wish in further, and lowered my study score a bit more then i was expecting).

Hope that makes more sense Razz, we got a whole booklet explaining how ENTER scores work...but cbf learning anything more about High School.

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:02 pm 
Knightrous
Site Admin

Ah, the ole complicated school scoring test. 12 years of emprisonment to be eventually designated your worth with a single number Razz

Up in QLD we run the shitty OP system with QCS exams. OP1 being the best, 25 being pants. Think Marto picked up an OP1 while my mediocore efforts brought in a 19...

Remember kids, if you suck and can't get into uni (grades or financial), there is always TAFE Laughing

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:44 pm 
dyrodium
Experienced Roboteer

quote:
Originally posted by Knightrous:

Remember kids, if you suck and can't get into uni (grades or financial), there is always TAFE Laughing

Haha yes, tafe and apprenticeships, the way to go... I'd rather die xD
Best memory of my HSC was a chick in my Physics class studying non stop whilst me and a friend downloaded notes and read them through the morning before, she managed to miss 2 pages of the exam and did shithouse. Laughing

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:32 am 
Glen
Experienced Roboteer

lmao people like that are funny as. i didnt even read a textbook for the 2 weeks coming up to the exam (was building cobra instead XD) and still yanked out an 89.35 hahah.

study is pointless anyway. just learn it when they teach it to you and its irrelevant.

oh well. no employer even looks at your school results after your 20 so even if you do bad its meaningless lolz

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:44 am 
Jtepper

quote:
Originally posted by Glen:
id be surprised if anyone is ever happy with their results haha. i dont know anyone that is at least.

lmao

99.05 =) i was quite happy, so now you do know somone, well know of somone, but i agree on the no studying thing, bit silly really, just learn it in the classroom. Allthough i did do some cramming for english langluage as that really didnt suit my maths sciencey brain
Mechatronics/science at monash next year Very Happy

Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:05 am 
Collo

Congrats, any 90 score is a fair effort. So now i know theres 3 people doing mechatronics. One at Swinburne, one at Melbourne and one at Monash Razz

Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:39 am 
seanet1310

its a popular thing with the robowars guys especaly this year with the new guys.

There are already a couple mechatroinics majors floating around the forum.

What science major you thinking Jtepper?

Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:53 am